Thread: DaVinci Resolve 14.2.1 is available for download

1. #1 DaVinci Resolve 14.2.1 is available for download 
    Hi all, we are pleased to report that DaVinci Resolve 14.2.1 is available for download at the BMD support web page. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/

This is a no charge update for all customers. While there is no database update from 14.2, as always please backup any current projects before updating.

DaVinci Resolve 14.2.1 Update
    This software update includes over 50 stability and general performance improvements, and is recommended for all DaVinci Resolve 14 users. DaVinci Resolve 14.2.1 features better performance on the edit page while generating thumbnails, correct output of 5.1 and 7.1 WAV files, a more reliable progress indicator when generating optimized proxy media, over a dozen Fairlight audio improvements, better Multicam viewer performance, the ability to change multiple clip properties at the same time, new Power Window tracking indicators for frame mode, improved stability for rendering Cineform and H.264, faster ProRes encoding, faster XAVC-I decoding and much more. Technical support for the free version is available via the Blackmagic Design web forums only.

DaVinci Resolve 14.2.1 Studio Update
    This software update includes over 50 stability and general performance improvements, and is recommended for all DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio users. DaVinci Resolve 14.2.1 Studio features better performance on the edit page while generating thumbnails, correct output of 5.1 and 7.1 WAV files, a more reliable progress indicator when generating optimized proxy media, over a dozen Fairlight audio improvements, better Multicam viewer performance, the ability to change multiple clip properties at the same time, new Power Window tracking indicators for frame mode, improved stability for rendering Cineform and H.264, faster ProRes encoding, faster XAVC-I decoding and much more. This version requires either a DaVinci Resolve dongle or a software activation key.
    Last edited by Peter Chamberlain; 01-22-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks!
    I know it is not always smart to be an early updater, but I did and all works fine.

Rendering a 20 minute 4K nature film now.

Can't wait to try this out. Thumbnail generation with GH5 10 bit footage has always been incredibly slow. Hope it's better now.
    My website:
    www.55media.net

Quote Originally Posted by deezid View Post
    Can't wait to try this out. Thumbnail generation with GH5 10 bit footage has always been incredibly slow. Hope it's better now.
    You are on the Studio version I presume? Please let us know if you continue to have problems with 14.2.1 (assuming you have Studio). And please provide details about HW.

Any news on the stabilizer? Would love to get better performance like warp stabilizer or reelsteady!

Was hoping this would fix my rendering issue when trying to export 8k RED footage to ANY codec... It's a 5min video, and I can maybe get a few clips done, and it crashes to desktop, or start rendering out black frames only for the rest of clips, etc. Doesn't work AT ALL on CUDA, so have to switch to Open CL, and that at least gets me the results above. Tried going all the way down to 1 on render speed, same thing.

Xeon X5680
    24GB DDR-3 RAM
    GTX 970

Not the best system, but I expect to take longer to render, not crash!

I don't want to downgrade to 12.5, as I want IPP2, and I already graded with that in mind.