Thread: Blackmagic URSA Mini SSD Recorder

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1 Blackmagic URSA Mini SSD Recorder 
    Hello, I'm new here...However I do have a question... will the Blackmagic URSA Mini SSD Recorder work with the URSA Mini 4.6EF, has anyone successfully tested it yet?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Ruben de Boer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    237
    It's on my 4.6K (PL-mount, not EF) and works like a charm. Records Raw 3:1 on a Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb SSD.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Curious. Is it easy to put on and off? Something you could easily do in the field? Thanks.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Harrington View Post
    Curious. Is it easy to put on and off? Something you could easily do in the field? Thanks.
    It's not made to put on and off. You will mess up the battery connections. You should get the dummy Cfast adapter and the SSD enclosure from Startech if you plan on doing that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA N. CA
    Posts
    2,706
    From what I understand, you need to remove the battery plate (screws involved and battery connector cable) attach the SSD recorder (plugging battery plate cable), and reattach the battery plate to the back of the SSD. It would have been nice, if the SSD recorder attached using the Sony V mount system, so no undoing screws and reattaching cables would be required, like the ENG camera wireless receivers used to attach (between camera and battery).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Ruben de Boer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    From what I understand, you need to remove the battery plate (screws involved and battery connector cable) attach the SSD recorder (plugging battery plate cable), and reattach the battery plate to the back of the SSD. It would have been nice, if the SSD recorder attached using the Sony V mount system, so no undoing screws and reattaching cables would be required, like the ENG camera wireless receivers used to attach (between camera and battery).
    I understand what you mean. There’s one on eBay called “ExSSD” (with breakout cables, though).
    Personally I really really like the BMD design ssd recorder. Really slick design and the cables can just be kept plugged in so it looks like it’s part of the camera.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA N. CA
    Posts
    2,706
    Agreed, Once it is mounted, it is part of the camera.
    Cheers
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Hi,
    Let me ask a question too. If I attach SSD Recorder, can I dual-record on ssd AND cfast?
    Thanks.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Ruben de Boer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    237
    Only in "dual card recording mode" (certain RAW settings). You cannot use the Blackmagic SSD as a "backup track" or something similar.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben de Boer View Post
    Only in "dual card recording mode" (certain RAW settings). You cannot use the Blackmagic SSD as a "backup track" or something similar.
    Thank you for clarification. Would have been a great backup solution...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Ursa Mini 4k with ssd recorder & battery plate
    By geemann1080 in forum For Sale / Want to Buy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2018, 07:01 AM
  2. Anyone that was at NAB and went to the BM booth regarding SSD recorder for Ursa Mini
    By daydreamersproductions in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2017, 10:54 PM
  3. Ursa Mini SSD recorder key to external on/off
    By Taikonaut in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 02:29 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2016, 07:22 PM
  5. Blackmagic URSA Mini
    By Dan K in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 01-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •