Thread: URSA 4k vs URSA Mini 4k

1. #1 URSA 4k vs URSA Mini 4k 
    Those that have worked with both cameras which do you feel worked the best for you? I'm not concern about the weight that the URSA 4k carries just looking at the best image from either camera. These two cameras have drop in price enough that I can finally afford to try them out.

If you're not concern about weight and shoot on sticks mostly, the URSA 4K is better for production level shoot. However, if you do run-n-gun and need support for the SSD recorder that just came out, the URSA Mini 4K is lighter and compact for it and has the new firmware which the latest version supports the SSD recorder and a few more resolution options. The DOP station, 10" monitor, and 2 x 5" monitor on the URSA 4k is sweet.

thanks. I do like the idea of the 10" monitor.

There were so many cool things about the Ursa Major and I wish they'd continued supporting that body size. If I'm not mistaken there were a few things about it from a technical perspective that advocated for it (better cooling, higher FPS, maybe some other things?), plus there's the ergonomics of being able to meaningfully access it from the assistant's side.

Unless you NEED the smaller form factor it might be worth a look. I bet they're cheep as dirt these days.

I recommend looking up 'horizontal lines' from the URSA Mini 4K and reading about it.

IMO, these sensors do not provide equal image quality and the URSA is far superior.

(I've owned both for over a year.)

And the 10" monitor is money.

I sold my big Ursa for $1700 I believe, and I'd imagine you can snatch one up for even cheaper now! Great camera in the right conditions.

I sold an Ursa on ebay about 3 weeks ago new in box for $1700,Ive seen 2 used on craigslist around $1200 in Atl

I would think by new the URSA MINI 4K will be about $1200 used on ebay too. It is pretty much not selling as the 4.6K and UMP. I've used both and the big URSA is the better production camera of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by robmneilson View Post
    I sold my big Ursa for $1700 I believe, and I'd imagine you can snatch one up for even cheaper now! Great camera in the right conditions.
    It is still working. I use a modified Nikon F-Mount and speedbooster on it now and also use an URSA Mini 4K B4-Mount for HD quality events.

There are a couple of URSA 4Ks being offered on eBay for sub $2000, however neither of the vendors are willing to release serial numbers for encumbrance checks. One said he did not want to unpack the camera which was already packed ready for shipping. The other provided no serial but advised that the serial could be used for the upgrade offer. So folks, do your due diligence. This is not to say the sub $2000 deals are bogus but serial numbers should be a must have and unwillingness to provide should raise concern.

you make a good point on the serial numbers.