Thread: Probability of a new BMD camera in 2018?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Post #8 - http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...289#post245289

^Not the same thing as more latitude...but love everything you're saying. A cinema micro studio with more latitude (even though I even would be happy with the FILM DR or the new mixed gamma) controlled by one of their screens simply sounds amazing. And other features, ha.

Yeah.

If they could engineer the UB sensor into a Microish form factor with better menu control it would be great.

I'm with you and the UB. By the time you rig it out with V batteries, VF and shoulder mount you're into a $6k system if you're going to use it as it's designed..
    Don't get me wrong, that's a great price for that market but that's not what we need.

For that I'm already there wtih the UM and UMP.
    It's the smaller form factor, batteries, support syystems etc., that we're vested in as well for so much of our work...that's why we need the next gen small BM cam which they've already said has to be 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by jimagine View Post
    It's the smaller form factor, batteries, support syystems etc., that we're vested in as well for so much of our work...that's why we need the next gen small BM cam which they've already said has to be 4k.
    I can absolutely understand why Soderbergh only wants to make movies on iPhones from now on - well, for the workflow that is.

So yeah, another small cinema camera from BMD please.

Last year at around this same time in early February Blackmagic released a ‘Live Production & Broadcast’ video in which they announced new products for broadcasting.

Then in early March they released a video to announce the Ursa Mini Pro and other cinema gear.

It seems that they are following suit this year, so I’d expect a new cinematic camera reveal in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Last year at around this same time in early February Blackmagic released a ‘Live Production & Broadcast’ video in which they announced new products for broadcasting.

Then in early March they released a video to announce the Ursa Mini Pro and other cinema gear.

It seems that they are following suit this year, so I’d expect a new cinematic camera reveal in March.
    Bob, I like this line of thinking. Fingers crossed.

I like that

Last year at around this same time in early February...
    Blah blah blah, Bob Loblaw!

Actually, I totally hope you're right, I've just been waiting years to say that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JuMo View Post
    Blah blah blah, Bob Loblaw!

Actually, I totally hope you're right, I've just been waiting years to say that to you.
    LOLZ!
    I'd say that was worth the wait!
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by jumo View Post
    blah blah blah, bob loblaw!

Actually, i totally hope you're right, i've just been waiting years to say that to you.
    :d

tumblr_o3fl81PSTW1r7pphso1_500.jpg