Thread: GH5s

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    The GH5S is $2500. The UMP is $6000.

There is no financial comparison in anyway you look at it unless you're intentionally trying to out-price the UMP with more accessories for the Panasonic while buying nothing for the Blackmagic.
    I already made a comparisona few thread up.
    I dont really care about American prices, all that matters to me is UK price
    Look here UMP 4399
    https://slrhut.co.uk/product/ID1095C...iABEgJ11PD_BwE

GH5s = 2200
    You want 10 bit recording at 60fps Atomos Shogun Inferno is the answer at 1350
    Want to convert the M43 sensor to S35? Metabones SB at 650
    ND filter? 100
    Hey bingo they came to the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    My point exactly thank you. Not to mention you'd then have a great monitor, some lenses and accessories along with the GH5s body. But only the body of an ursa mini pro.
    Unless you don't need S35 sensor size, 60fps at 10 bits, ND filter.
    This is why I'm saying there is no free lunch with the GH5s.

But you still don't understand that you'd have a big bright 7" display, an extremely impressive lowlight sensor in a light weight package. With the money you'd spend on the ursa you'd have a completed GH5s package. While the ursa you'd need to spend further.

The initial gap in price will remain.

But you still don't understand that you'd have a big bright 7" display, an extremely impressive lowlight sensor in a light weight package. With the money you'd spend on the ursa you'd have a completed GH5s package. While the ursa you'd need to spend further.

The initial gap in price will remain.
    You can buy a 7" display if you want at 100. GH5s does only 12 stops don't give you Raw or 444 but does give you low light cleaned images.
    You can never get both cameras to identical performance but once you bring them to a similar level the price gap are negligable.

That 100 pound display will be dirt, the tripod to hold a rigged out ursa will be well over 1k pounds and I hope you have Ronin 2 money to fly that ursa on a gimbal.

I really don't see how it comes out even, but hay maybe you are getting ripped off in England on your prices? I thought Australia was bad lol.

That 100 pound display will be dirt, the tripod to hold a rigged out ursa will be well over 1k pounds and I hope you have Ronin 2 money to fly that ursa on a gimbal.

I really don't see how it comes out even, but hay maybe you are getting ripped off in England on your prices? I though Australia was bad lol.
    There are very good 100 monitors. If you plan to fly a camera on a gimbal I bet 99% of the people don't care if it is a 100 Go Pro, they all look impressive.
    Pricing is the way it is, sterling is in the dump and there is VAT on top.

In AUD it's, 3200 GH5s, 800 speedboosters, 1600 for the shogun inferno. So 5600 AUD which is quite the bit but the ursa mini pro is 7700 aud a 2100 dollar difference is quite the bit considering. But the ursa is a magnificent camera for those that can afford it. But in no way for me at least are they comparable in price.

Then UM 4.6k? at least that is closer to a suped up GH5s.

I got it, Panny GH5S low light is for competing with the Sony low light camera. But that's a set back from the GH5. Low light with ISO of 25000 is so more than enough... who's crazy to shoot anything higher? Light your set man! Cinematography is all about lighting and framing right. They compromised on the 5-axis stabilizer on the S. Videographers will not like that. They compromised on the pixels (10M)... photographers can't use that. I'd go with the GH5 over the GH5S today. It's a better camera for the videographer and photographer, especially for those who wants both in a single package. The HDR is not much better, if not the same due to the codec science.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Light your set man!
    Couldn't agree more, however it's a big beautiful world and everyone's needs are different.

The max ISO isn't the feature, that's just marketing, it's the native ISO of 2500 that's the showstopper. Getting clean images at 5000 or 10000 ISO is nuts. DSLRs aren't my flavor but what Panasonic and Sony continue to do is very impressive within the segment.