Thread: LP-E6 Battery Dummy for Micro & Video Assist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Perhaps we have different views on "hacking," but this is about as much hacking it takes. I saved myself $20 and it looks like it has the same amount of scuffs you'd see from regularly battery use in and out. Up to OP to decide, but it's by no means "carving out the fender well to install an Auto Zone battery." I use Sony batts in the dummy.

IMG_20171127_210708832_LL.jpg
    - Aka f1lm3r
    [url(]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5596898/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1)[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roll View Post
    Putting miles on a Ferrari is not the same thing as carving out the fender well to install an Auto Zone battery because it's cheaper. Shooting with the camera is not the same thing as carving off bits. Again if it's worth saving $20 for a hack solution then by all means hack away.
    too late now. never hesitated - but i'm a modder in general. I built my bridge (based on the original cheesycam mod) and my dummy battery so I could get the correct length on the cabling for my rig.

maybe my Glickenhaus quote was a bit crazy, but slicing off and sanding down a 1mm flange is a far cry from "carving out the fender well" That hack solution hasn't let me down yet. cameras are tools.

Are you sure about that? Those mounts look pretty beat up, mine don't look like that. I guess it's all perspective. $20 dollars doesn't cover the tax and tip on a Bloody Mary at LAX.

So if I want to modify my camera I remove this piece?

91ZY3RXhqDL-1._SL1500_.jpg

Seems like it's on the wrong side because it is.

I'm not judging, honestly I don't care what you do with your gear, I'm providing the OP with information that I didn't have when I carved the alignment slot off just like you did only to find that the battery wouldn't lock into place.

Thank you for the replies guys. I did understand why the battery doesn't fit and good to see all the solutions. Also wanted to make sure which of those solutions work because as everybody else I hate throwing money around just to find what works. Personally I wouldn't want to file the camera and from what I'm reading the cheap dummies aren't that great to begin with when it comes to regulating the voltage. So I'm probably going to hit a Laparte one or I will just make a DC connector via the expansion port.

Are you sure about that? Those mounts look pretty beat up, mine don't look like that. I guess it's all perspective. $20 dollars doesn't cover the tax and tip on a Bloody Mary at LAX.

I'm not judging, honestly I don't care what you do with your gear, I'm providing the OP with information that I didn't have when I carved the alignment slot off just like you did only to find that the battery wouldn't lock into place.
    I'm sorry that your mod didn't work out.

Don't quite understand what drinking at LAX has to do with all this. my dummy battery fits and locks after I removed the alignment slot on both my BMMCC and VA. I don't really care about this $20 that keeps showing up in this thread, I care that my tools work exactly how I want them to work for the job at hand.

but like Ozzy says, "I love you all" and you mod (or not) your camera however you feel...but a Bloody Mary does sound pretty good right now.

Ozzy, and Ferraris are somehow relevant metaphors?

This is my one.
    It looks not cool. But works fine.

DBMU9V-VoAASnde.jpg

Ozzy, and Ferraris are somehow relevant metaphors?
    Ozzy is ALWAYS a relevant metaphor and spokesman.

full stop.

That said, the IndiePro Le-E6 dummymbattery fits both the Micro Camera and the VA.
    Cheers

91ZY3RXhqDL-1._SL1500_.jpg

Haha, looks pretty beat up? Sheesh, you must polish and wax your camera every weekend. Yeah, you're right, it is the wrong side. I was making a quick example from memory. My battery locks in place I can push and pull and tug and it won't come out. I've never flown out of LAX, so I wouldn't know how much a Blood Mary costs. I'll be sure and and donate my extra $20 to a good charity on your behalf.
    - Aka f1lm3r
    [url(]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5596898/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1)[/url]