Thread: URSA Mini Handle, Micro Cinema and One Little Remote

1. #1 URSA Mini Handle, Micro Cinema and One Little Remote 
    Hey. I've had a few queries about the One Little Remote Lite and the URSA Mini Handle. They do work together when you get a lanc port added to the breakout box that comes with the remote. Here's a quick preview.

The One Little Remote V3 is a little different and needs a custom cable to work properly with the URSA Mini Handle.

Cheers,
    Phil

I also was asked a lot of questions about compatibility with my Expansion Box.
    Please note that Angle Expansion Box by RADIOPROEKTOR use 3 pole TRS jack for S.Bus and separate 3 pole TRS jack for LANC connection. It is not directly compatible with One Little Remote LITE and with CGPro Remote which use single 4 pole TTRS jack connection. To use that remotes you need to build a custom cable splitter - 4 pole TTRS jack to dual 3 pole TRS jacks (2.5mm LANC + 3.5mm S.Bus)
    Pinout specs can be found here http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?20371
    S.Bus power (tip)
    S.Bus signal (ring)
    S.Bus ground (sleeve)
    LANC signal (tip)
    LANC power (ring)
    LANC ground (sleeve)

Things may be simpler if developers of One Little Remote LITE and CGPro Remote publish pinout specs of their controllers connection so you need to figure how to build that splitter cable.

P.S. I also see that One Little Remote uses same voltage line for LANC and for S.Bus. This feels like potentially risky because camera outputs two different voltage lines for each interface.

The lanc data, lanc power, sbus all use separate lines and I have implemented reverse polarity protection and power regulation so the remote performs consistently and there is no risk to remote or camera.

Hey Phil,

Is there a video to shown how well the remote and breakout box fits with the smallrig cage. I wish to mount it on the left but want to ensure access to the SD card slot is easy and unhindered.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by onelittlegoat View Post
    The lanc data, lanc power, sbus all use separate lines and I have implemented reverse polarity protection and power regulation so the remote performs consistently and there is no risk to remote or camera.
    Wonder how is it possible with 4 pole connector? 1 - LANC data, 2 - S.Bus data, 3 - ground, 4 - common power line from camera
    Sure power consumption of controller board probably way smaller than camera outputs but who knows...

Kim and I managed this with his remote, by using just the Lanc power connection to power the remote, so it would work with both the Micro Studio (which lacks the 5VDC output) and the Micro Camera. Phil is probably doing the same thing, to,his,breakout box, and the power input plug on his breakout box just goes to the Micro camera’s 12VDC input, and the Micro Cinema camera’s 5VDC output is not being used, so a four conductor cable would work.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 11-20-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Sure. Here are a couple. You can mount it in lots of places using a cold shoe. I'm using a simple double ended 1/4"mount which isn't as ideal because it doesn't have a tightener wheel. However, because of the threading it screws into almost the correct place.

I hope the photos illustrate it is easy to retrieve the sd card and insert a mic cord
    IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpgIMG_0437.jpg
    front.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Hey Phil,

Is there a video to shown how well the remote and breakout box fits with the smallrig cage. I wish to mount it on the left but want to ensure access to the SD card slot is easy and unhindered.

Thank you.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by onelittlegoat; 11-20-2017 at 09:51 PM. Reason: added one more picture

Yep, this is correct. I was only ever using the cinema dedicated power out for the rf unit because it requires a more sustained level of amps for longer distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Kim and I managed this with his remote, by using just the Lanc power connection to power the remote, so it would work with both the Micro Studio (which lacks the 5VDC output) and the Micro Camera. Phil is probably doing the same thing, to,his,breakout box, and the power input plug on his breakout box just goes to the Micro camera’s 12VDC input, and the Micro Cinema camera’s 5VDC output is not being used, so a four conductor cable would work.
    Cheers