Thread: Bit by the Big, Bad HDMI Bug (Bmpcc)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleCanFly View Post
    I'm most likely going to sell one of them
    I might be interested, depending on price and timing.

the focus peaking off the screen is surprisingly good, in my opinion.
    Thanks God, because the screen itself...not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Simon
    I might be interested, depending on price and timing.
    Well...

4. #14 Adv7524a package 
    Well...

Hello People can fly ... I checked the ADV7524A Package , it seems it's a " WLCSP49 " type of package , so 49 balls located under the chip .. not the kind of chip easy or even possible to repair .. forget about it ..

" People can fly " .. Yesterday I tried running fast and moving my arms like birds do with their wings .. I could not take off .. I am Too Heavy ... Maybe Tomorrow ...

Have a nice week and a good luck .

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by paragram View Post
    The HDMI port has been known as the achilles heel of the BMPCC, because it's directly soldered on the mainboard. Not even the best cage can protect from the damage that can result from an HDMI cable being pulled. Best advice is to never use the BMPCC's HDMI port.
    An hdmi port (or any kind of port) on pretty much any device is 'soldered directly onto the motherboard' in most cases (eg almost any PC made in the last 20 years has all the rear ports soldered onto the main board as does your lap top etc)

I think the issue is it was soldered on badly or not with enough thought to longevity or robustness

Suddenly the Micro Cinema Camera looks appealing. I actually haven't really looked into it seriously since it requires some sort of monitor but I do recall shijan created several custom machined additions for use on the SmallRig cage. I don't remember any negative reports about its full size HDMI port malfunctioning...

No, their have been none. And, the new SmallHD Focus monitor is perfect for the Micro Camera, gives much better screen resolution than the Pocke screen, is larger easy to see, and has meters and Lut support, all lacking in the Picket Camera. The biggest advantages of the Micro over the Pocket, is getting 1080p60for some slow-mo work, and the Micro has a much faster sensor readout time, so fewer rolling shutter artifacts and improved performance.
    Cheers

And if you prefer a VF and small package as I do then the little (3.5") Ikan VL35 is pretty ideal with the micro. Here's what I wrote about it at B&H: "I use it with a Kinotehnik loupe on the Blackmagic Micro and it makes a very small, light viewfinder. The fact that it's has false color, pixel to pixel and peaking means it's punching way above it's weight/price and it takes a 4k signal. Very simple to use, functions are great." And it uses the same bats as the Micro.

The Micro has some of the best HD IQ you'll find.
    I've grown increasingly fond of small camera systems w/ smaller lenses and while I love well, ergonomically designed cameras, I had no probem kitting out a Micro to stay small and light and fully functional.
    You compromise a bit with button/menu access but otherwise think of it as a slightly better Pocket image with 60p and much better battery, HDMI and monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelvis View Post
    An hdmi port (or any kind of port) on pretty much any device is 'soldered directly onto the motherboard' in most cases (eg almost any PC made in the last 20 years has all the rear ports soldered onto the main board as does your lap top etc)

I think the issue is it was soldered on badly or not with enough thought to longevity or robustness
    The problem is not that the connector is soldered to the motherboard but rather the fact that it is not also anchored through the board. This results in the highly fragile surface mount joints being subjected to far greater stress than they are capable of surviving.

Suddenly the Micro Cinema Camera looks appealing. I actually haven't really looked into it seriously since it requires some sort of monitor but I do recall shijan created several custom machined additions for use on the SmallRig cage. I don't remember any negative reports about its full size HDMI port malfunctioning...
    Sure full sized HDMI port on the BMMCC is way more stronger than mini hdmi on BMPCC but it also shaky and don't supported by metal camera body. That's why i recommend use HDMI clamp.