Thread: New Micro remote that supports Frame rate and codec changes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New Micro remote that supports Frame rate and codec changes 
    To celebrate the excellent additions to the Micro firmware I have released a new version of the One Little Remote that supports 11 camera settings including codec and frame rate changes.

It is smaller (same as the version 1) and costs a little less. People with version 2 and 3 of the One Little Remote will be getting a firmware update shortly so they too can adjust frame rates and codec.

Looks awesome Phil. I was looking for something in this smaller form.

How does it connect to a cage?

I also was asked a lot of questions about compatibility with my Expansion Box.
    Please note that Angle Expansion Box by RADIOPROEKTOR use 3 pole TRS jack for S.Bus and separate 3 pole TRS jack for LANC connection. It is not directly compatible with One Little Remote LITE and with CGPro Remote which use single 4 pole TTRS jack connection. To use that remotes you need to build a custom cable splitter - 4 pole TTRS jack to dual 3 pole TRS jacks (2.5mm LANC + 3.5mm S.Bus)
    Pinout specs can be found here http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?20371
    S.Bus power (tip)
    S.Bus signal (ring)
    S.Bus ground (sleeve)
    LANC signal (tip)
    LANC power (ring)
    LANC ground (sleeve)

Things may be simpler if developers of One Little Remote LITE and CGPro Remote publish pinout specs of their controllers connection so you need to figure how to build that splitter cable.

P.S. I also see that One Little Remote uses same voltage line for LANC and for S.Bus. This feels like potentially risky because camera outputs two different voltage lines for each interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Looks awesome Phil. I was looking for something in this smaller form.

How does it connect to a cage?
    There is a 1/4" anodized aluminium threaded mount inset into the base so you can attach it to your rig using a cold shoe mount or a single rail clamp such as https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...rod_clamp.html

The lanc, sbus signal and sbus power use different lines...plus I have implemented reverse polarity protection and power regulation so the remote performs consistently and there is no risk of damage to the camera or the remote.

Hello Shijan, if i understand as well it isn't possible to use the One Little Remote easily with your BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box?
    Very sad in that case. I just wanted to buy it. (

Quote Originally Posted by bmpcc_bel View Post
    Hello Shijan, if i understand as well it isn't possible to use the One Little Remote easily with your BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box?
    Very sad in that case. I just wanted to buy it. (
    It is possible but you need a custom cable.

Phil should be able to build the required cable. He was making one for me for his Ver3 Remote TI include a inline Lanc that will work with the BM UM Grip (the Lanc port on the remote does not seem to work with the grip. So custom Cables are possible. I decided not to go with the cable, instead ordered the new Lite remote.

That said, Phil has a new breakout box for the Lite, that includes a Lanc port, for AU$10 additional that does work with the BM UM grip. My cable is AU$40, so getting the new Lite with the new Lanc breakout box makes more sense, as you will have use of the Lanc for an accessory like the Grip. Otherwise, a custom cable to Shijan’s breakout box is going to tie up both ports, so,you still are without a Lanc port to use with the grip.

Phil, can you add something here, any chance of making a cable to go from your new OneLittle Remote Lite to Shijan’s breakout box?
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 11-21-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Here's a pic of the mount on the underside

mount.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by onelittlegoat; 11-21-2017 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Didn't look like picture uploaded

Shijan's breakout box has a 3 contact 3.5mm port while mine is 4. However, the jumpers inside Shijan's box can be moved so even if our contacts different it looks easy to change in his box. You could in theory, use a standard 3.5mm 3 wire cable because the jack fits the socket. This would leave one contact that won't be connected - the lanc signal. All the features of the One Little Remote would still work, you could still use the lanc port on Shijan's breakout box - you just wouldn't get record status through the remote. The record status check is most useful when using the remote app. I'll upload a wiring diagram to show what contacts I'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Phil should be able to build the required cable. He is making on for me for his Ver3 Remote TI include a line in Lanc that will work with the BM UM Grip (the Lanc port on the remote does not seem to work with the grip. So custom Cables are possible.
    That said, Ohil has a new breakout box for the Lite, that includes a Lanc port, for AU$10. My cable is AU$40, so getting the new Lite with the new Lanc breakout box makes more sense, as you will have use of the Lanc for an accessory like the Grip. Otherwise, a custom cable to Shijan’s breakout box is going to tie up both ports, so,you still are without a Lanc port to use with the grip.

Phil, can you add something here, any chance of making a cable to go from your new OneLittle Remote Lite to Shijan’s breakout box?
    Cheers