Thread: Thoughts on Osee HCM-700 7 inch Monitor?

1. #1 Thoughts on Osee HCM-700 7 inch Monitor? 
    I am looking to find a good 7 inch monitor to pair with my BMCC camera. I wanted to find out if anyone has any first experience with the new Osee HCM-700 monitor.

http://www.oseedirect.com/hcm700.html

It is pretty bright, has SDI, false color, waveforms, lut support etc. So it seems to check all the boxes for what I need, but there does not seem to be a lot of firsthand feedback or reviews from users online. I was hoping someone in the community here might have some first hand experience with it.

Thanks so much for your help.

check out the group buy thread on reduser, lots of good info on there. still think any 7" is probably too heavy for an on camera but am definitely a big fan of this guy over smallhds offerings

I'll jump in and say it's a wonderful monitor, in my opinion. Certainly better (For the price) than what SmallHD has, judging from my experience with the 502 about a year ago. I may be biased, however, since I'm a cheap bastard. The OS is more or less the same. I have noticed that the joystick can be somewhat finicky at times but after using it for several weeks it's not a problem anymore I'm used to how it behaves. Daylight viewing is not a problem in most situations, but in direct sunlight some angles do produce a bit of glare. It hasn't been an issue in my experience.

Thanks for the review. BTW, The 501/502 joy stick takes some getting used to also.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleCanFly View Post
    I'll jump in and say it's a wonderful monitor, in my opinion. Certainly better (For the price) than what SmallHD has, judging from my experience with the 502 about a year ago. I may be biased, however, since I'm a cheap bastard. The OS is more or less the same. I have noticed that the joystick can be somewhat finicky at times but after using it for several weeks it's not a problem anymore — I'm used to how it behaves. Daylight viewing is not a problem in most situations, but in direct sunlight some angles do produce a bit of glare. It hasn't been an issue in my experience.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.