Thread: Where is your BMPCC NOW?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Where is your BMPCC NOW? 
    Where is your BMPCC now? In a bag? In a box? In a rig with Fotodiox?

Where is your BMPCC right now? Is it here? Is it gone? Do you hold it? Have you sold it?

Reply with words or pics!

I have two in my camera bag, waiting for the next job on December 2nd.

My BMPCC is sitting on my kitchen side at home, with metabones and Sigma 18-35mm after some test shots last night.... It's no doubt getting excited about its upcoming role in a new film project... unless I give in and buy a micro or rent an Ursa Mini 4.6k. (Which I don't need.. but do want).
    A professional 2D / 3D animator with a passion for film.
    www.stormystudio.com

My BMPCC is in the bedroom, I have replaced it with a BMMCC, but every night she says "Wake up, shoot something else, you cannot sleep with so a beautiful camera like me! "

Which one?
    We just picked up another for a project. It was used as a crash cam only because I could pick one up cheap, used, but they're image continues to be one of the best in the biz...seriously.
    I like them enough that, counting the Micro, we now have 3 of them in our kit. And that's where they'll stay for a while to come.
    Last edited by jimagine; 10-31-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Just sold it on eBay moved over to the GH5; going to miss that little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by stormystudio View Post
    sitting on my kitchen side at home
    Side what? Table? Counter? Something else?

I've two. One in the cupboard rigged up as a shoulder mount S16 PL.

The second is smaller/lighter in a bag going out on a shoot with me today. It's a b-cam for my UM4.6k.

Still use it. FINALLY got all the pieces to make it a true work horse. (ND filter, IR Cut, tiny on cam mic, Zhiyun Crane, Juicebox Magicpower)

I still do mostly events/weddings, so it doesn't get used as much as I want. Working to move onto more controlled stuff this winter.

Even still, as a wedding cam, it has it's uses. Pro Res is wonderful to edit, and it's never, ever locked up or corrupted a clip. GH4 has overheated and corrupted clips a few times now. I'd consider it a very reliable camera at this point.

For those who is after cinematic image quality the Pocket and BMCC is still relevent and in good lighting unmatched even by recent dSLR offerings.
    Phillip Bloom recently tweeted an image of a BMCC he spotted in the wild, not sure what his intention was but the impression seems to be that it so old and its odd that some people still using it that kind of thing.
    I get it that in a gadget obsessed crowd it is the latest to hit the market gets the attention. Bloggers for camera companies arent going to be nostalgic but plays about with the newest toy in town.