Thread: Steadipod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Steadipod 
    Have any of you guys used the steadipod? Also, I'm curious if there's an attachment point to mount a magic arm w/ monitor?
    Last edited by LJR; 10-11-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LJR View Post
    Have any of you guys used the steadipod? Also, I'm curious if there's an attachment point to mount a magic arm w/ monitor?
    I love that dang thing.

It's all physical, so you can add anything you want as long as you know how to balance it out. Which you should.
    I don't recall any 1/4-20 or 3/8" holes, but I wasn't looking because I have so many clamps and straps that I usually don't bother. Especially because where some designer decides to put those mounting holes so rarely seems to be where I want them in a given application.
    The SteadyPod is not "gimbal smooth" but it is THE FASTEST and most flexible stabilizer I have ever used and it is going to get you significantly smooth shots in less setup time than it even takes to turn a gimbal on or rebalance a steadycam.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    I love that dang thing.

Good to hear. I recently put that on my Wanted list for my Pocket.

I love that dang thing.

... it is THE FASTEST and most flexible stabilizer I have ever used and it is going to get you significantly smooth shots in less setup time than it even takes to turn a gimbal on or rebalance a steadycam.
    This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Putting my order in today. Thanks!

Well, it should be very useful if you can post some videos or impressions on it after using.
    I searched a lot on YT and sites: there is NOTHING out there apart only one old video on YT saying anyway a real gimbal is better on stabilizing.
    There is only the seller videos, nothing else. There are some video guys (friends of seller) saying it's great, but no one external reviews...
    I would like if this thing really makes all of those things, especially stabilization, but, sincerely, lack of every external reviews, to me is suspect.
    I mean, for sure is really versatile, no doubt, but the main concern is the stabilization thing...

I love that dang thing.
    haha, DP's been "endorsing" it forever...trust him.

I can trust DP, but even he has not buyed it and made no stabilization video tests about it...

What I mean is: every monopod with 3 base legs opened, will give some sort of stabilization, for sure. this one seems to be exactly that: a monopod with 3 base legs, maybe a bit weighted, ok. (I'm not analyzing here the other plus of this monopod, it's more flexible than others, I agree, but here I point out the stabilization only). My concern is: the major part in this system is the operator skill!
    BUT the point is, if it's so excellent, WHY there is NO ONE review out there from no one video makers (and there are soooo many...)?? Should be simple, isn't it?
    We have *tons* of reviews about led lights, cameras, gimbals and so on, literally thousand videos... and NO ONE on a revolutionary product as advertised Steadypod in let's say 6 years or more?? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by frank10 View Post
    I can trust DP, but even he has not buyed it and made no stabilization video tests about it...

What I mean is: every monopod with 3 base legs opened, will give some sort of stabilization, for sure. this one seems to be exactly that: a monopod with 3 base legs, maybe a bit weighted, ok. (I'm not analyzing here the other plus of this monopod, it's more flexible than others, I agree, but here I point out the stabilization only). My concern is: the major part in this system is the operator skill!
    BUT the point is, if it's so excellent, WHY there is NO ONE review out there from no one video makers (and there are soooo many...)?? Should be simple, isn't it?
    We have *tons* of reviews about led lights, cameras, gimbals and so on, literally thousand videos... and NO ONE on a revolutionary product as advertised Steadypod in let's say 6 years or more?? Come on...
    I understand your questions - but you really have to see it in person and use it.
    It's really simple of course - but it's also made VERY smartly.
    The only reason I don't have one is that I have not gotten around to buying one yet. I have a gimbal and plenty of other rigging already.

NOTE: "Test videos" might not knock you out because as has been said before the SteadyPod is NOT "gimbal smooth". And it does take some skill and practice on your part - but not a lot. Certainly NOTHING like a traditional SteadyCam.

I'll tell you exactly what the SteadyPod is for: It's for MOVING FAST ON SET.
    It's for when you have a long shot list and a lot of setups to nail in a day. It is ready for your next shot like ALREADY...that's the point of it. I used it IN PLACE of the gimbal, jib, and dolly on one killer-busy day, and no one had any complaints about the shots. They were steady 'enough' for everyone at the end of the day. If we had to use the gimbal, and the jib, and the dolly that day we would MAYBE have nailed HALF the shots that we did.
    This thing gets 'gizmos' out of your way and lets you stay in your creative zone. Sometimes that's EVERYTHING.

EDIT: A heavier camera actually works BETTER on the SteadyPod. I had my Pockets when I shot with it, but it was too light to be solid. The BMCC with an external battery was great.
    Last edited by DPStewart; 10-13-2017 at 02:48 AM.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Ok, that makes sense.
    Heavier cameras work better because of inertia.
    Anyway it remains strange nobody out there thought of making a review testing/illustrating those advantages and comparing major time to use other gizmos... Or comparing this monopod to other monopods in stabilization.

I've had all the same concerns. I'm waiting for mine to come. I'll let you know what I think after using it