Thread: Web Presenter

1. #1 Web Presenter 
    I know this is not strictly cinematography but does anyone uses BMD's Web Presenter?

In my workplace they are exploring the possibility high quality live stream. So far they only use web cam and low res stream. In special occassion they hire AV company which charges huge amount. I'm probably in the best position to get ahead of the game but obviously want to start small.

It's worth noting that the Web Presenter only outputs a 720p stream at present (not sure if there are any plans to update this to 1080p at all?), the box itself is pretty good now they've updated the firmware (there were some poor audio quality issues on release).

As a simple solution it works quite well, all sources need to be the same frame rate though, and there's some killer audio/visual sync issues when using it with OBS.

Hope this helps.

Since OBS and many similar applications already supports the DeckLink and UltraStudio products, wouldn't they be a much better choice?

The 720p is suppose to be stream friendly for many current network speed.
    With network speed becomming faster all the time you would think BMD would want to future proof a recently released streaming product with the ability to stream 1080p or even 4k.

That would be the hope, however, it hasn't been mentioned by BM, so therefore can't be expected. I personally think it more likely that they'll produce a dedicated 4k high bandwith Mk II box some time down the line.

I use Wirecast with BM Thunderbolt Mini Recorder. Needs a laptop, but works great.