Thread: Canít seem to grab stills anymore?

1. #1 Canít seem to grab stills anymore? 
    This is probably a piece of daftness but I canít seem to grab stills. I was working on a project and I right clicked the canvas in the colour tab then hit grab still but nothing appeared in the Gallery.

Maybe I canít see my Gallery? I tried hitting the Gallery button a few times and it highlights and dims so I presume its working. Itís been quite a while since I used Resolve but I always remember just right clicking and grabbing the still then it appeared left of the canvas in the Gallery. I canít recall if they also appear in the Media tab or Edit tab in the bins so I checked and they are not there, I think they should be?

I checked my media path and looked in the folder at the end and found some stills from a previous project that I had grabbed from the timeline but non from the one Iím working on now.

I saved the project, closed the program and reopened it and tried again but no luck. I closed Resolve and opened a different project ( how do you close a project and open a different one without closing Resolve by the way? ) but the same thing, right click, grab still, nothing. This time I noticed that ďEditedĒ appeared next to the title... but no stills.

There you have it, or donít have it as the case may be. Like I say itís been a while and some stuff in Resolve is a bit counter intuitive so hopefully Iím just missing something very simple and someone out there will point me in the right direction. For now Iíve run out of ideas so Iíll see if thereís something else to get on with but if you see this and know what Iím doing or not doing wrong then please give me a hand here.

This got solved.

I was having trouble with this also? what solved it?

You have to unexpand the viewer window, double-clicking the Gallery tab doesn't work like it does with the Nodes tab.

So for me Ryanite it was something like what Howie described but having struggled with it for some time I did find that for most more sensible folk when they run into this problem it's down to the file path. Preferences, Media Storage. Have a look where there all going, someone who knows what there doing will fill you in I'm sure but I believe Resolve is sensitive to where you try to put them.