Thread: Release of DaVinci Resolve v14 beta 7

1. #1 Release of DaVinci Resolve v14 beta 7 
    We are please to announce the availability of DaVinci Resolve 14 beta 7 on our support web site.

This is a no charge update for all existing customers.

Please backup your projects and database before updating and note the special items at the bottom of this notice.

Important information regarding dual-server configurations on Linux
    Starting from DaVinci Resolve 14 beta 7 the dual-server configurations are no longer supported. Please ensure that your system has been re-configured appropriately prior to upgrading to this version.
    The legacy “Configure DaVinci Resolve” application will no longer be supported. DaVinci Resolve Preferences can now be accessed from the DaVinci Resolve application menu similar to Mac and Windows.

Important information regarding Preferences and Project Settings
    Starting from DaVinci Resolve 14 beta 7 the Preferences and Project Settings have been reorganized into Project Settings, System Preferences and User Preferences. Settings such as keyboard shortcuts and panel sensitivity controls are now stored locally on the machine instead of with the project.

These settings (along with others) can now be found under the User tab in Preferences.

There is also a new user guide available with this beta update.

Man, you guys just keep making Resolve better and better. I really like the separation of Project, System and User settings.

With every release of Resolve 14 beta, I get an instant crash when trying to add any OpenFX to a node. Is anybody else having this issue?

What OS version and what OFX plugins are you trying? The included Resolve FX plugins or 3rd party? What GFX card are you using?
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Thank you for all your hard work. I have downloaded Beta 7 and I am having an issue with monitoring-- similar to the way we would get a difference in contrast on exported stills or footage when the "Use Mac Display Color Profiles for Viewers" was turned on, except this time that option is checked off, as it usually is on my system (which I see it now appears under Preferences > System > Hardware Configuration).

I have tried switching from Video to Full Data Levels under Video Monitoring as well as in the delivery page, and my stills are still being exported with a lower contrast. What's interesting is that the saved stills (the actual thumbnails in the gallery) appear to match the exported stills, and only the monitored image in the viewer appears more contrasty. That would make more sense as my scopes don't show excessively crushed blacks.

I work inside Resolve nearly every day (monitoring on a 5K iMac) and, while I know I should be working on a professionally-calibrated monitor for accurate color, this contrast discrepancy is happening only after upgrading to Beat 7. Did something get reset after the upgrade and I'm not finding it? It looks like all my settings are the same as they were before the upgrade.

Here are some screenshots to illustrate (the discrepancies are clearest in the darkest areas of the images, and on the bottom left side of the frames):

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    Cinematographer | Steadicam Operator | Naturalist
    The Understory

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    What OS version and what OFX plugins are you trying? The included Resolve FX plugins or 3rd party? What GFX card are you using?
    Windows 7 Pro. And it occurs with any of the Resolve OFX plugins as I don't run 3rd party plugins. I honestly really only care for the color transform plugin as that's the one I mainly use. Running on the internal Intel HD Graphics 5500 processor. Not looking for real time playback as I've never had that, just wondering why the constant crashes when initiating a plugin as I get absolutley none on Resolve 12.5.6 with this same system. Thanks for responding CaptainHook.