Thread: Arri Rosette Mount Module for BMMCC by RADIOPROEKTOR (coming soon...)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    think they changed the design on the wooden camera cage so the side supports are less thick than they were before? (this was mainly to clear the rec button so may not have affected the placement of the back of the sides relative to the expansion port though)

Howie Roll tested both new and old versions of Wooden Camera cage with Expansion Box. Unfortunately they both don't fit well. Odd 0.3 - 0.5mm. Probably some Expansion Boxes may fit well Wooden Camera cage because they are hand made individually, and it may be 0.5mm tolerance due 3D printing, D-Sub connector fit, sanding and painting.

Interesting, I got the Expansion Box to fit both the old and new version of the WC Micro cage. it was tight, but it fit just fine. There is a little,play in the setup of the Wooden Camera Micro cage, which may account for why Howie had an issue.
    Cheers

Good news:
    Dudes in the garage are able to CNC test sample from hard wood today on their DIY machine. Really nice surface quality.

Bad news:
    1. It appears that we are ordered wrong chamfer milling tool and so currently unable to mill correct size of the chamfer.
    2. Chamfer shape on this detail appears too complicated for simple 3 axis CNC machine, so probably i need to find more complicated 5 axis CNC machine somewhere. Also it is possible that we can try to make it without chamfer at all and try to soften hard edges somehow manually...

Last edited by shijan; 08-22-2017 at 10:55 PM.

breaking the hard edges with a file or dremel would probably work ok - if not as aesthetically pleasing...

Some progress with local CNC machining. And also i found nice CNC service in China but due Typhoon Hato everything currently offline there.

Got some news from foreign factory

Last edited by shijan; 09-28-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Just want to inform you about release of ARRI Type Rosette Mount Module. This is next step to complete a BMMCC rig kit. The main idea of this accessory is to allow easy access to camera buttons and same time keep rosette mounting point as close as possible to camera gravity center. This mount also can be used with many other rigs and cages with 9mm distance between threaded holes. Symmetrical dual handle config possible as well.
    It is exclusively CNC machined at A MiniMart factory and uses quality stainless steel ARRI type rosette from same factory http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rotating-Ros...-/360920845194 Earlier i planned to release this mount as a kit only with upcoming handle grip, but handle development goes rather slow so this mount available as standalone option right now.

P.S. I do not want to overprice things because want to make it available to as many people as possible. It appears that BMMCC market is really small and there is no huge profits for selling hand made stuff like this in small batches. So if you on high budget production and if you wish to support future development feel free to add additional $5-10 as donation. Just notice me about this before purchase.

Assembled kit includes:
    - 1pcs Rosette Mount (factory CNC machined aluminum alloy, anodized in black color).
    - 1pcs Stainless Steel ARRI type Rosette.
    - 2pcs 1/4"-20 5/8" length Black Oxide button head screws.
    - 4pcs M3 Stainless Steel screws.

Tech Specs:
    ARRI Standard Rosette with M6 thread.
    Distance between mounting holes centers: 18mm.
    Weight: 47g.

Package cost total:
    - ARRI Type Rosette Mount Module Kit = $35 + optional donation
    - Worldwide shipping by registered air mail with tracking number = $6
    - Payoneer funds transfer fees = 3%

Currently I can accept payments only with Payoneer Billing Service because PayPal don't works in my country for receiving funds.
    Here are few links explains how the Payoneer Request a Payment service works:
    https://www.payoneer.com/en/billing-service/
    http://blog.payoneer.com/how-to/get-...with-payoneer/
    https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/an...ail/a_id/12280

See also my other projects and accessories for BMMCC:
    Angle HDMI Clamp kit for BMMCC SmallRig Cage http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?19313
    PWM(S.Bus)+LANC+12V DC BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box Module http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?20371

Last edited by shijan; 10-27-2017 at 05:24 AM.

This looks amazing! Honestly, if I ever pick up a BMMCC I'd totally want a kit like this.

Looking good! This is a good balance point also, from my tests with the a Micro camera handheld, especially when using larger lenses like the Veydra Mini Primes or Super Speeds. Looking forward to getting mine soon.
    Cheers.