Awesome!!
    how did you light the first one?
    www.lightformfilm.com
    https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Quote Originally Posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
    Awesome!!
    how did you light the first one?
    Thanks man. Two Aputure light storms through a window along with natural daylight coming through with a smoke machine for some "haze". I had an Arri M8 HMI however they forgot the combo stand for it and time was ticking. So I didn't wait for it to arrive on set, just used what I had but the lightstorms did very well.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

really god dam good work man i been listening to super secret film cast podcast with matt workmen DP they wore talking about how everybody is so in to 4k 6 8k ect. What i been understanding and what you get but what is more important is cinematography and framing set design. He also said that when he started to use cinematography and learn and apply it his film game, getting jobs just sky rocketed compare to his friends who only focused on best cameras. He shoot some music videos on dvx100a since he is seasoned dp what he got out of that camera cinematography is amazing better then what some people shoot with red cameras that you see on you tube. Now that he is a DP master they woe saying that last think they talk about is camera. But still awesome work man keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by johnny001 View Post
    really god dam good work man i been listening to super secret film cast podcast with matt workmen DP they wore talking about how everybody is so in to 4k 6 8k ect. What i been understanding and what you get but what is more important is cinematography and framing set design. He also said that when he started to use cinematography and learn and apply it his film game, getting jobs just sky rocketed compare to his friends who only focused on best cameras. He shoot some music videos on dvx100a since he is seasoned dp what he got out of that camera cinematography is amazing better then what some people shoot with red cameras that you see on you tube. Now that he is a DP master they woe saying that last think they talk about is camera. But still awesome work man keep it up
    Thanks man. What you've said is true...and a hard pill to accept sometimes in this race to the highest resolution. I'm over all that. I shoot on so many different cameras now because of what work dictates that I cannot allow that to govern the end product. My personal opinions don't matter in some of these jobs...you get stuck with whatever camera and you have to make it work.

That said...I think the BMCC has a very special image. Couple that with some solid cinematography and great art direction and you have something special. I wish Blackmagic design would make a successor to it in terms of body and sensor and better audio. But I guess that's what the Ursa mini is...but I do like the BMCC body.
    Last edited by jambredz; 08-18-2017 at 01:06 PM.
    Darren Scott

Attached Images
    Darren Scott

Really good stuff, how are you lighting the outside shots? Reflector and negative fill?

The last 3 shots above were lit with all natural light... No modifiers. Most of the outdoor stuff is lit in this way with a couple shots using some bounce for fill when the shadows were just 2 deep. The director wanted it to look as real/close to life as possible for that section of the story so it was lit pretty loose. The harsh Jamaican sun lent itself to this the harsh reality of what was happening. The camera work was all handheld /shouldermount work in that section of the story also.
    Darren Scott

I honestly don't know what the hell people are talking about when the complain about the BMCC body layout.

I've been through the DVX100 and other ENG style cameras, and of course DSLR's and the Pocket Camera, and I absloutely find the BMCC body layout to be my favorite.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    I honestly don't know what the hell people are talking about when the complain about the BMCC body layout.

I've been through the DVX100 and other ENG style cameras, and of course DSLR's and the Pocket Camera, and I absloutely find the BMCC body layout to be my favorite.
    Just watched the Netflix Original Film "What Happened To Sunday", which I really liked, the year is 2073 I think and there is a BMCC being shown in a scene in a crowd a photographers, I assume to portray futuristic camera equipment.

Or if you're a BMCC fan you can look at it as the BMCC is still being used in 2073. :P

Quote Originally Posted by jambredz View Post
    The last 3 shots above were lit with all natural light... No modifiers. Most of the outdoor stuff is lit in this way with a couple shots using some bounce for fill when the shadows were just 2 deep. The director wanted it to look as real/close to life as possible for that section of the story so it was lit pretty loose. The harsh Jamaican sun lent itself to this the harsh reality of what was happening. The camera work was all handheld /shouldermount work in that section of the story also.
    Great thanks, are you living in Jamaica? Is it easy to find actors, and safe to walk around with a lot of gear over there? As I would love to go on vacation to Jamaica one day, and shoot a project with my ump while im there.