Thread: Ursa Mini Pro, Atomos External Recording?

1. #1 Ursa Mini Pro, Atomos External Recording? 
    We just bought a Ursa Mini Pro and with all our camera systems we typically do redundant recording with an external monitor/recorder. We've been using the Atomos shoguns for our other camera systems, and it works great, with a fantastic display, but it seems the record timecode triggers don't work very well between the Ursa mini pro and the Shogun infernos and Flames we have. Has anyone got these two systems to work together?

If we can't get the atomos to play nicely with the Ursa mini pro, we may look into other external recorder/monitors(BM's video assists are very cheap but the monitor isn't as good and doesn't offer some of the features we've come accustom to use). Has anybody used the Odyssey 7Q+ and can verify if that plays well with the Ursa mini pro?

Quote Originally Posted by jshawn View Post
    We just bought a Ursa Mini Pro and with all our camera systems we typically do redundant recording with an external monitor/recorder. We've been using the Atomos shoguns for our other camera systems, and it works great, with a fantastic display, but it seems the record timecode triggers don't work very well between the Ursa mini pro and the Shogun infernos and Flames we have. Has anyone got these two systems to work together?

If we can't get the atomos to play nicely with the Ursa mini pro, we may look into other external recorder/monitors(BM's video assists are very cheap but the monitor isn't as good and doesn't offer some of the features we've come accustom to use). Has anybody used the Odyssey 7Q+ and can verify if that plays well with the Ursa mini pro?
    I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but more questions. I was thinking about picking up the Inferno for the same reason that you did. When you say the record timecode triggers don't work all the time, does that mean that the timecode recording is inaccurate (start and stopping on different frames than internal recording), or it just doesn't trigger recording everytime? I have an Ursa Mini Pro as well, and was hoping to get one of these to record proxies while I was recording raw internally. I need a monitor either way, and this thing looks perfect on paper for both of those uses.