Thread: Time tested CFast 2.0 Cards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Time tested CFast 2.0 Cards 
    I wanted to do a little update for anyone still in the market for super cost effective CFast 2.0 cards.
    I've been using 2x BIWIN 256GB CFast 2.0 cards since October last year and have not experienced any hiccups whatsoever.
    I've even had the Sandisk hub unmount on my dodgy USB 3 interface many times and have never experienced any corrupted or missing frames.
    If you're planning to shoot 4.6k - 16:9 in 4:1 compression these cards are a must!

I thought I'd post this, as some info like this would've made buying them much easier back in October.
    I took a gamble on a brand unbeknownst to me and it paid off.

Here's a link to the store: www.biwin.co.uk?wpam_id=2

Jake

I don't have those cards, but the support is very good and the company is upfront about the limitations but if you can live with that, they seem a good choice for budget cards.

It appears Lee Miller is no longer a source for BiWin cards.

His website now states, "My partnership with BiWin has now finished. Many thanks to all those involved – I will seek fresh business opportunities here in Shenzhen, China."

Quote Originally Posted by Earl R. Thurston View Post
    It appears Lee Miller is no longer a source for BiWin cards.

His website now states, "My partnership with BiWin has now finished. Many thanks to all those involved – I will seek fresh business opportunities here in Shenzhen, China."
    Bummer. I enjoyed interacting with Lee Miller. He helped lend credibility to their products, which were often very cheap compared to "official" card recommendations. Finding cheap CFast cards almost always feels too good to be true and he helped allay a lot of the discomfort/suspicion that comes with those purchases.

On the other hand, my KomputerBay cards have been flawless and are priced around BIWin, too, so at least we're not SOL.

Yeah, this was sad news. I have 3 256's from biwin, been using them since the spring, and shot 2 features, and second unit on a 3rd on them with zero issues. With the SSD adapter finally shipping I'll be going that route for some work now.

Have you tried 3:1 or 4:1 raw @60fps to see if it holds up? Thanks!

These cards were great. I've had them used for multiple features and tv shows over the last four months and they have held up with no issues, shooting both RAW 3:1 and 4:1, and ProRes.

I'm actually not even sure where to go from here when buying more cards because I trust these cards so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHennessy View Post
    These cards were great. I've had them used for multiple features and tv shows over the last four months and they have held up with no issues, shooting both RAW 3:1 and 4:1, and ProRes.

I'm actually not even sure where to go from here when buying more cards because I trust these cards so much.
    Komputerbay has been reliable and affordable for me: https://www.amazon.com/Komputerbay-P...ds=komputerbay

Anybody else using the komputerbay cards? The Biwins were great until they were stolen. Who else is selling Biwin's besides Lee Miller? The SSD route is not much cheaper and I would rather go with CFast that SSD these days.

Angelbird AVpro CFast 256 GB are very good, officially supported and the price is ok.
    You can get them around EURO 300 per piece.
    And during Black Friday I got 2 of them for EURO 239 per piece at https://www.videodata.de/shop/produc...st-256-GB.html
    Two pack: https://www.videodata.de/shop/produc...-2er-Pack.html
    Four pack: https://www.videodata.de/shop/produc...-4er-Pack.html
    Last edited by Robert Niessner; 02-11-2018 at 10:40 AM.