Thread: Zacuto Shout out

1. #1 Zacuto Shout out 
    Had to give Kim and the rest of the Zacuto crew a shout out. I've been a Zacuto customer for several years and always received great customer service from them. The sdi on my BMCC burnt out recently...possibly because of my tilta battery plate...and it also burnt out the sdi in on my Zacuto Gratical HD EVF. I also noticed my HDMI loop out was not working but i'm not sure if that was the cause. My Gratical is well out of warranty as I got it as soon as it came out on the first batch they had, so I knew I'd have to pay. I emailed them and they said it would be a 250 dollar fix based on what I told them. I sent it in and they turned it around and sent it back to me in no time because i had a deadline. However I didn't get any bill. I emailed and queried about it and Kim said "This one is on us, happy shooting". I was really amazed and pleasantly surprised. Their prices may be on the higher end...but for me the customer service I've gotten from them over the years has been top notch.

I've since gotten rid of that tilta plate and switched it to a movcam.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

People bitch about zacuto's pricing but they are a wonderful company. I bought an accessory of theirs from b&h, it was missing a screw. B&H wasnt really helpful. I could send back the plate and wait for a new one or contact zacuto. Zacuto paid 30 bucks to overnight me a screw. Awesome company.

Damn! I misread your title and thought we finally had another Zacuto SHOOT-out. Haven't seen one of those since the GH2 fared so well in 2012

Glad things worked out for you Darren. I ownj and use many Zacuto products. you get what you pay for it, excellent products.

but now i'm worried about the tilta v plate I'm using with my BMCC.
    Steve Lee Jean
    Busan, South Korea + Los Angeles, CA

Quote Originally Posted by innerspark View Post
    Glad things worked out for you Darren. I ownj and use many Zacuto products. you get what you pay for it, excellent products.

but now i'm worried about the tilta v plate I'm using with my BMCC.
    I"m just guessing it was since it seemed to be a recurring factor in the thread when investigating. However there were other cases where the SDI stopped working with other plates...even a time when it was plugged into the wall. However I wanted to cancel the tilta plate variable altogether. Having the sdi burn out is one thing....having it mess up my EVF was a big problem since i use it on other cameras also.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos