Thread: Bernie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nice work! Great mood!

Quote Originally Posted by robbing View Post
    How long does a process like this take? Iv'e always wanted to get into 3D modeling and animation but I never understood what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Imsoreel View Post
    How long does a process like this take? Iv'e always wanted to get into 3D modeling and animation but I never understood what it takes.
    If you dont know much about it (like me) take a lot!
    Im a comic book artist and 2D animator, I can draw these kind of stuff very fast without issues, but turn the draws to a 3D model useable for animation, CGI.. and so on = headache for me (math everywhere) because I have to learn the software and the workflow.
    However if you know how to do that, then can be relatively faster.

About animation, as I said Im 2D animator, no problem with 3D, even more easy and faster than 2D.

Give a try

If you dont know much about it (like me) take a lot!
    Im a comic book artist and 2D animator, I can draw these kind of stuff very fast without issues, but turn the draws to a 3D model useable for animation, CGI.. and so on = headache for me (math everywhere) because I have to learn the software and the workflow.
    However if you know how to do that, then can be relatively faster.

About animation, as I said Im 2D animator, no problem with 3D, even more easy and faster than 2D.

Give a try

I wouldn't consider myself an animator but I used to animate with flash and draw a little back in the day, I got into film because i used to tell great stories but couldn't draw them out very well so Film was the next best thing and I fell in Love. Im asking because I feel like 3D can open a whole new horizon for me in making some beautiful pieces of visual art but don't know where to start. If you do not want to continue this conversion in your thread you can PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Imsoreel View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself an animator but I used to animate with flash and draw a little back in the day, I got into film because i used to tell great stories but couldn't draw them out very well so Film was the next best thing and I fell in Love. Im asking because I feel like 3D can open a whole new horizon for me in making some beautiful pieces of visual art but don't know where to start. If you do not want to continue this conversion in your thread you can PM me!
    Is ok man,
    Absolutely CGI open a new world. If you have cinematography and storytelling skills much better!
    C4D is easy but I think Blender have better and friendly community and is free. Zbrush is amazing for modeling, Substance painter is great for texture your models...etc..

First at all, ask to yourself -what do I want to do? Then, go ahead and just learn it. thats what I did.
    Let me know if I can help you more, but as I said Im not an expert

/\ Ditto on what Rob said

You have to really need/what to do 3D/compositing. It does take a long time to get up and running. Imagine how long it took to get where you are with a camera.

I use XSI ( now EOL ) into redshift render and use blender for a couple of misc. things like texture painting and VDB ( explosions ).

If I were starting out I would just embrace Blender warts and all. It has it's own GPU renderer (cycles ) and you can also get it to work with Octane render, neither are as good as redshift but you can do a lot with them.
    "Senior Member"???... Really???...
    Not to be taken seriously...by anyone.....

Mr. K Stark are right! Could we see some 3D stuff yours?

Sculpt a great creature or whatever is not difficult, even texture it can be easy and enjoyable, however the issues comes to make this model ready to move in animation and get a realistic (and clean) render. This part is not funny.
    But I dont know, it depends of what are you looking for.
    I really like when people say me: this is CGI? and I say: no! (but yes)

thanks Rob, I'm nowhere near the level to post my 3d stuff. think the underside of the bottom of the barrel. I do think I have a nice setup though, so I can only blame myself
    "Senior Member"???... Really???...
    Not to be taken seriously...by anyone.....

Fantastic. Great attention to detail.
    Im a comic book artist and
    Which can be seen in your framing, and rhythm of framing and lensing, which is flawless imo.
    I don't care much about the VFX other then that they draw me into the world, mood and story, not out of it (which they do here).

Do yourself and many people a favor and make that 90 minute 'test'.

Wow - extremely atmospheric. Sucked me in. Awesome job!