Thread: C200...

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Surely they don't, but is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm all for thinking outside of the box, it's one of the reasons I have a BM camera. However, camera design didn't evolve in a vacuum, nor is about one manufacturer copying another. Their 2 best cameras; the Pocket a compact mirrorless DSLR design, and the UMPro an ENG camcorder. There are times to follow convention and times to break with it, I don't think camera design is one of those times.

Highly anticipating this. It'll be interesting to see how it performs!

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    I hope so.

But this is a new version of RAW, Canon care calling it RAW lite ? It's not the same RAW as on their other cameras.

Again, knowing the history of the way Canon prefer to segment their markets by limiting features in cameras to protect the other cameras and the fact that Canon say you have to transcode through a stand alone application makes me wonder if it's too good to be true.

JB
    John, can you decipher anything from Canon stating Cinema Raw Light will be at 1 Gbps in both 10bit and 12 bit? From what I could find on the internet Ursa 4.6k raw in 4:1 is about 13 5MB/s, 1 Gbps is 125 MB/s so it looks like it could be mostly equal to BM 4:1 Raw.
    Last edited by ranger9913; 07-01-2017 at 07:53 AM.

C300 II just dropped to 10k. Still love the ursa mini pro internal recording more.
    http://www.newsshooter.com/2017/07/0...op-now-10k-us/

Quote Originally Posted by ranger9913 View Post
    John, can you decipher anything from Canon stating Cinema Raw Light will be at 1 Gbps in both 10bit and 12 bit? From what I could find on the internet Ursa 4.6k raw in 4:1 is about 13 5MB/s, 1 Gbps is 125 MB/s so it looks like it could be mostly equal to BM 4:1 Raw.
    Well, we don't know until they say. I haven't really been paying attention but if that's the data rate it's a good sign it's decent. But if they choose a less efficient codec it could be "only" 10 bit too. You can't really tell without all the information. What bit depth, what kind of compression scheme.

JB

"Update: For full 4k support in 4096x2160 you need the paid version of Davinci Resolve 14 coming in at 299 dollar. So while this could be a great way to export without using Canons own program..keep in mind when you buy the C200, you'll need to pay these additional costs if you want to work in a 4096 timeline. otherwise you'll be limited at UHD in Resolve."
    I just ran across this so I'm wondering if those who have a Resolve dongle from owning a BM camera will have to buy A $299 version of Resolve to edit C200 RAW files at 4096.
    I'm guessing yes.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWlover View Post
    "Update: For full 4k support in 4096x2160 you need the paid version of Davinci Resolve 14 coming in at 299 dollar. So while this could be a great way to export without using Canons own program..keep in mind when you buy the C200, you'll need to pay these additional costs if you want to work in a 4096 timeline. otherwise you'll be limited at UHD in Resolve."
    I just ran across this so I'm wondering if those who have a Resolve dongle from owning a BM camera will have to buy A $299 version of Resolve to edit C200 RAW files at 4096.
    I'm guessing yes.
    I'll let you know tomorrow. My C200 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow from B&H. I have the original Resolve dongle from my BMCC.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWlover View Post
    I'm guessing yes.
    No problems with Resolve 14, I was able to import C200 RAW files at full resolution using the dongle license. It was dissapointing though that the RAW tabs are not usable.
    Last edited by ranger9913; 08-09-2017 at 09:39 PM.

No problems with Resolve 14, I was able to input C200 Raw files at full resolution using the dongle license. Dissapointing though was that the RAW tabs are not usabble.
    Can you upload any raw files for us to play with?
    www.lightformfilm.com
    https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

No problems with Resolve 14, I was able to input C200 Raw files at full resolution using the dongle license. Dissapointing though was that the RAW tabs are not usabble.
    According to BMD, we don't need those controls (my C200 should be arriving soon).

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/v...t=C200#wrapper

I'd still like to use the program like I have with BMD and RED cameras, but it does seem to work with the test footage I've tried.

As for the dongle vs $299 question, I'm pretty certain BMD has said they'll have a program in place for existing users, but won't announce the details until retail release.