Thread: Micro Cinema Camera vs GH5

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hmm seems easy enough to grade. Single node using only the tools on the MacBook oled bar. Took about 5 minutes. Sure the highlights on the right are a little clipped but this could easily have been underexposed a stop to protect them, not that I would have but you could. I'm sure once the proper LUTs are available this footage will be pretty easy to deal with.

GH5_1.1.1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jsfilmz View Post
    Another one. Files uploading check the video later for the link. Tiffen nd werecused on both. Her shirt on thr gh5 is a pain in the ass
    Tiffen ND without IR filtration is the worst possible option for Micro/Pocket cameras. They produce huge IR pollution and everything became brown. Even on GH5 footage you can see brownish tint in highlights area.
    But anyway Micro Camera is way more natural looking than GH5

Untitled00089967.jpg
    Last edited by shijan; 05-20-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Honestly, the GH5 looks way superior after grading in this example to the BM Micro. You clearly see the resolution, moire/aliasing, shadow and highlights are way superior. The Blackmagic shows less dynamic range (no, I didn't see that coming) and it's actually quite hard to get a colorful grade without destroying her skintones, while grading the GH5 was easy for me.
    Here's a video of the GH5 colorgrade (only issue I had was the strong internal sharpening, some blur fixes that).
    My website:
    www.55media.net

Quote Originally Posted by deezid View Post
    Honestly, the GH5 looks way superior after grading in this example to the BM Micro. You clearly see the resolution, moire/aliasing, shadow and highlights are way superior. The Blackmagic shows less dynamic range (no, I didn't see that coming) and it's actually quite hard to get a colorful grade without destroying her skintones, while grading the GH5 was easy for me.
    Here's a video of the GH5 colorgrade (only issue I had was the strong internal sharpening, some blur fixes that).
    I was shocked too. I thught micro was going to kill the gh5 but man i might actually compare the gh5 to the mini 4.6k when the july update rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by jsfilmz View Post
    I was shocked too. I thught micro was going to kill the gh5 but man i might actually compare the gh5 to the mini 4.6k when the july update rolls around.
    Yh, seems like a nice addition to the BMU 4.6 or Pro as a B- or even A-camera if the budget doesn't allow it. Pity that Panasonic added so much post processing...
    My website:
    www.55media.net

Quote Originally Posted by S_Berger View Post
    13 stop dynamic range vs. maybe 10 and a half stop dynamic range and raw. I don't need a test. Sure you can get similar results. But i still prefer the BMMCC.
    After working on the footage the GH5 clearly feels like the one with more stops than the BMMCC...
    My website:
    www.55media.net

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    yes i use this method too but always search for maybe more perfect and natural way to put colors in place for starting point. Maybe some kind of matrix correction calculated based on color chart.
    Attachment 23885Attachment 23886
    Is there a post somewhere that goes into more detail of how to do this? I've never done parallel nodes in resolve. newbie. Have been having trouble getting micro footage color right.

Quote Originally Posted by deezid View Post
    Yh, seems like a nice addition to the BMU 4.6 or Pro as a B- or even A-camera if the budget doesn't allow it. Pity that Panasonic added so much post processing...
    Has this been improved with new firmware?

I think in these examples the IR pollution is absolutely terrible on the bmmcc which is a downside of the camera, you should essentially add 100ish dollars into the price for a IR cut and step up ring.

Not having to do that is a great boon for the gh5 but there is also a cost difference