Thread: URSA Mini Help! Faulty Cam or Dropped Frames?

1. #1 URSA Mini Help! Faulty Cam or Dropped Frames? 
    Hey guys,

I've been having some trouble with my Ursa Mini since I purchased it. To give a little background to my issue, when I first purchased the camera I attempted the CFAST to SSD DIY solution. Playback within camera was always perfectly fine, however when I would transfer the footage to my computer, the clips were very choppy. The playback was not smooth and regardless of the program (Quicktime or Premiere Pro, the footage is extremely choppy) . This happened on 3 different computers even with the Pro Res files.

More recently I rented Lexxar 3600x cards being very confident that the SSD solution was the issue. Unfortunately I have the same exact problem. Playback on camera is completely fine, however when I pull the file onto a computer, the footage is completely unstable and choppy. It will be impossible for me to edit my project like this. Has anyone heard of this or can offer any advice for me? Any help or attempt to help would be greatly appreciated.

Could either be a bottleneck in your storage solution and/or insufficient hardware for the codecs you're shooting in. Could you give us some more information about your computer hardware (gpu, cpu, hardrives set up? Codec/resolutions you're trying to shoot in?).

Quote Originally Posted by westhechef View Post
    Playback on camera is completely fine, however when I pull the file onto a computer, the footage is completely unstable and choppy.
    This screams to me that there is an issue with your post setup / workflow. The fact that the footage playback fine in the camera is what tells me this.

So what is your post setup ? What codec are you shooting ? How you offloading ? What are you using for viewing ? editing ?

JB

Where is your operating system and your cache and your media? B st to have these on separate drives or very fast internal storage.

Quote Originally Posted by westhechef View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been having some trouble with my Ursa Mini since I purchased it. To give a little background to my issue, when I first purchased the camera I attempted the CFAST to SSD DIY solution. Playback within camera was always perfectly fine, however when I would transfer the footage to my computer, the clips were very choppy. The playback was not smooth and regardless of the program (Quicktime or Premiere Pro, the footage is extremely choppy) . This happened on 3 different computers even with the Pro Res files.

More recently I rented Lexxar 3600x cards being very confident that the SSD solution was the issue. Unfortunately I have the same exact problem. Playback on camera is completely fine, however when I pull the file onto a computer, the footage is completely unstable and choppy. It will be impossible for me to edit my project like this. Has anyone heard of this or can offer any advice for me? Any help or attempt to help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sound like your computer systems/HDD bottleneck .. Without details of the computer systems you're using, its impossible to diagnose.