Thread: URSA Mini Case - Jason Cases's

1. #1 URSA Mini Case - Jason Cases's 
    I currently have Pelican 1610 Case with Padded Dividers, Is there any real advantage to getting the Jason Cases Custom one? https://www.jasoncases.com/store/pro...e-red-overlay/ I rent out my gear when I'm not using it that's the only reason I was thinking of getting one but at the same time I could see it as a down side as if they rent other accessories it prevents you from just putting it in there like the pelican padded divider case can.. I don't currently remove the base plate in my 1610 either. Thoughts? Has anyone bought one?

I'm a firm believer in well organized, dope-ass cases. Whether that's a Jason Case or not is really up to you though; as slick as it looks, it's possible to do what it does with other configurations.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.Mitchell View Post
    I'm a firm believer in well organized, dope-ass cases. Whether that's a Jason Case or not is really up to you though; as slick as it looks, it's possible to do what it does with other configurations.
    Do you do custom cut foam or padded dividers? ours is a mix but the main pelican cases for Lenses and cameras are padded dividers to allow us to easily customize it for each shoot or rental.

If you some spare time you might want to tinker around with https://www.mycasebuilder.com/. I did a test run on a small wooden mic case I have so I could cram three mics into it instead of just the one. The cutouts and fit are absolutely perfect! If you have a common case like the Pelicans then they have preset sizes already set for those. All you have to do is design the cutouts you want to fit whatever you need! You can even choose between a softer (Ester Foam) or more rigid foam (PE Foam). Might be worth a shot if price is any concern.

I love the trekpack dividers http://trekpak.com/

I have a Jason Case for my big URSA and it's a great investment. If my new mini pro fits in there I won't be getting the Jason Case for the mini but it's totally worth it. Remember the point of the case is to protect the camera package and necessary equipment. If u rent you don't want someone ramming extra gear in a case with padded dividers. In my experience most equipment damage happens in transport. When you're tired after a day on set and cramming things in a case to get a beer ASAP. With the Jason case it will help you and the rentee stay organized.

Caseclub.com is the joint. I used mycasebuilder on my last one because I liked their online designer better and it was a mistake.

Good case, but that Jason case for the Mini Pro is really heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Finnigan View Post
    Do you do custom cut foam or padded dividers? ours is a mix but the main pelican cases for Lenses and cameras are padded dividers to allow us to easily customize it for each shoot or rental.
    I usually lay everything out on the floor and measure the total surface area, which helps me pick an appropriately sized case. Once I have the case I put everything in top of the foam in the same configuration and use toothpicks to create an outline of the gear. Then I just pick out the foam in those shapes and presto! Super slick cases for my audio gear.

For my video equipment though I typically don't rely on foam; it gets everywhere and often isn't rigid enough to support heavier pieces. For my camera kits I use the Pelican velcro dividers. Dunno if that'd work well for a larger camera like an Ursa Mini but it seems to do fine for my BMPCC kit.