Thread: UM4.6k & Mamiya Sekor C

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DPStewart - Thanks! A little rain was pouring on us and was bothering us during the shoot. Luckily a wet forest accomplished the mood, just drop of melancholy Only Mamiyas! 35mm f3.5 and 80mm f1.9

Asyndeton - They are beautiful and well made lenses, cheaper adapter is flimsy and not good if using ff! My lenses are only Sekor C. There is also Sekor C N which ones has a bit more modern coating or something like that. There is a long topic about these lenses as well in REDUser forum.

trispembo - Indeed! I'm looking for 45mm Sekor C lens. It would be good for wide end paired with the anamorphic adapter.

Link for the DNGs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...mh2c1l5elplOUU // Let me know if there is some kind of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Aatmoss View Post
    DPStewart - Thanks! A little rain was pouring on us and was bothering us during the shoot. Luckily a wet forest accomplished the mood, just drop of melancholy Only Mamiyas! 35mm f3.5 and 80mm f1.9

Asyndeton - They are beautiful and well made lenses, cheaper adapter is flimsy and not good if using ff! My lenses are only Sekor C. There is also Sekor C N which ones has a bit more modern coating or something like that. There is a long topic about these lenses as well in REDUser forum.

trispembo - Indeed! I'm looking for 45mm Sekor C lens. It would be good for wide end paired with the anamorphic adapter.

Link for the DNGs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...mh2c1l5elplOUU // Let me know if there is some kind of problems.
    Thanks for posting the stills, loving the looks of them! I got a 55mm f2.8 off of Ebay for cheap, going to go for the 35mm and 80mm after I play with it. Did you get the Fotodiox M645 to EOS adapter? Going to grab one of those to test with and then maybe get the C7 adapter if I decide to go with a whole set of these.

Mine doesn't have brand at all. Only text is Mamiya645-EOS It was around 60€ still. Looks very similar tho!

Nice! I like the 35mm and 80mm the most. 150mm and 55mm are also very nice looking lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aatmoss View Post
    Mine doesn't have brand at all. Only text is Mamiya645-EOS It was around 60€ still. Looks very similar tho!

Nice! I like the 35mm and 80mm the most. 150mm and 55mm are also very nice looking lenses.
    I believe the Fotodiox has similar markings, yours may be a knockoff version of it. I have a couple other Fotodiox adapters and they're decent enough for the price.

can't wait to play with the 80mm when I get my hands on one, I'll post some stills when I get the 55mm in sometime next week.

Asyndeton, it'd be nice to see stills from you!

Yeah it might be a knockoff!

Got the 55mm f2.8 in today, did a few quick around-the-house things. Love the performance of this lens already, may have a chance to use it on a shoot this Saturday.

55MM_1.1.1.jpg55MM_1.2.1.jpg55MM_1.4.1.jpg55MM_1.5.1.jpg55MM_1.6.1.jpg55MM_1.7.1.jpg55MM_1.9.1.jpg

I don't know what it is but there is something in these lenses. I have to do some kind of lens comparison between my lenses from different manufacturers.

Test frames for tomorrows music video shoot. I'll be a DOP & colorist. The director was in front of the camera. Today we build a set in my studio and I rigged lights. Graded stills.

Mamiya Sekor C 80mm f1.9, Sekor C 55mm f2.8 // Cinelux 2x // FM-lens
    Ursa Mini 4.6k - 3k anamorphic // Raw 4/1

Untitled_1.9.1.jpgUntitled_1.1.1.jpgUntitled_1.1.2.jpgUntitled_1.2.1.jpgUntitled_1.3.1.jpgUntitled_1.4.1.jpgUntitled_1.4.2.jpgUntitled_1.7.1.jpgUntitled_1.8.1.jpg
    Last edited by Aatmoss; 07-31-2017 at 04:55 PM.

The character of those lenses sure have something special - it's like magic.