Thread: Fastcinemadng - Ursa cDNG RAW player

1. #1 Fastcinemadng - Ursa cDNG RAW player 
    There are couple of options to view raw footage already, but i think you should check out one of the most intresting solution.

http://www.fastcinemadng.com/

I don't know if this viewer was already spotted on this forum (quick search revealed nothing). AFAIK it is made by couple of independent software engeneers and by this moment it is free.
    I think this player is hugely underestimated (its initial group on "russian facebook" has only 50 members, don't know about actual facebook), full list of its features is compelling. Here is a couple of them:

This is GPU-based software designed to perform postproduction in real-time or faster
    Now you can ingest your CinemaDNG footage from SSD, do all image processing on NVIDIA GPU and play 4K video smoothly on monitor in realtime
    No delay: you can check quality with full-size resolution right after shooting the scene
    Realtime denoising on GPU is default feature
    Playback of folders with sequences of DNG/CinemaDNG files
    Fast and efficient cutting and trimming of your footage before color grading
    Realtime color grading with 3D LUT

So this is great for fast preview of you footage on set even with an average laptop with proper cuda card.
    It is not an advertising, i just feel sorrow for these guys who became feedback on their product just from couple of comments in social network.

By the way, for those who are afraid of "vague" programs and websites, there is an article on 4kshooters about this viewer:
    http://www.4kshooters.net/2017/02/22...adng-processor

bergamot.jpg

2. #2 Fast CinemaDNG Processor software 
    Thanks for sharing this info about our Fast CinemaDNG Processor software. To supply more info concerning the matter, I would like to point out some important features which could be useful for Blackmagic camera users:

1. Support for footages with BMD CinemaDNG RAW 3:1 and 4:1 lossy compression
    2. Curves and Levels could be applied both before and after demosaicing
    3. High quality demosaicing algorithm (MG + enhance option)
    4. Denoising could be done both before and after demosaicing
    5. Benchmark window shows time in ms for each stage of image processing

I would suggest to consider demosaicing algorithm MG (23x23) in more detail. Your feedback concerning demosaicing quality is highly appreciated. Your questions are also welcome.

The main idea of the software is to do as much image processing on GPU as possible. This is the point how we can get fast CinemaDNG processing. Apart from CinemaDNG decoding, all the rest is done on GPU. Please note that user needs powerful NVIDIA GPU. To get to know more, you can check our Roadmap 2017 at www.fastcinemadng.com

P.S. That software is based on high performance Fastvideo Image & Video Processing SDK for NVIDIA GPU. You can get more info here: www.fastcompression.com/products/sdk/sdk.htm. To the best of our knowledge, this is one of the fastest CUDA-based image processing libraries. It's widely used in the field of industrial camera applications with desktop and mobile GPUs.

Fast CinemaDNG Processor is currently used in the Aeon Motion Scanning System for 3D scanning and 4D capture with 20 MPix industrial cameras: http://ir-ltd.net/introducing-the-ae...anning-system/

This is comparison with Adobe Lightroom for DNG image processing performance:
    «FastVideo is lightning fast. It’s still in early development but it can process sequence data on the fly, on the GPU in real-time in ms, rather than in minutes per frame. This means we can now process a 28,800 image sequence set in under 10 minutes, instead of 10 hours. Literally a game changer.»

I've just installed it.. Great software, guys! Fast and powerful..I've tested it on an "old" laptop with a GTX960m and it works like a charm. Realtime denoising is very useful too. thank you very much for this!

Too bad it does not support OpenCL. Newer AMD GPU are found in the new Macs and PCs. Also, won't run on the new iMac Pro which has a Radeon Vega GPU.
    Last edited by EYu; 06-06-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Been using this on set the last week and it's been great to double check things fast.