Thread: Using the Tangent Element Vu Application with DaVinci Resolve 12.5

1. #1 Using the Tangent Element Vu Application with DaVinci Resolve 12.5 
    Folks, this new thread is a continuation of the discussion that was started here.

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...Tangent+ripple

The discussion started with being about using the Tangent Ripple panel with Resolve and later shifted focus towards the Tangent Element Vu tablet application for the Android and iOS operating systems. In the final posts of that thread, some of our members asked me to create a video of the Tangent Element Vu that uses a tablet to control Resolve and demo its capabilities. I started this new thread with just that, a video that I quickly put together with the hopes that some of you folks may find it informational and/or useful. Now some caveat. I had a very busy two weeks and I was able to just throw straight out footage with very minimal composition, forethought, and editing. This was mostly shot and edited in a matter of hours without a script. I managed to outline what I wanted to showcase and got some help from my teenager (which is a challenge on its own already). I am not a colorist or a professional editor so be nice. Might want to watch it in full screen.

https://youtu.be/N20-EB6dKyA

Cheers!!!
    Last edited by EYu; 03-16-2017 at 09:10 AM.

BTW, if you already own an IPad or Android tablet, then all you need is the app which cost $99 for the full version. A free version is available that has all the features of the full version except you can only use it for an hour a day. For me that's good enough to test it out or practice until you think you want to part with your $99. Also, I recommend a larger device over a smaller like a 7". A 12.9" or larger gives it enough real estate and more of a real look and feel of a panel. I got me an out of circulation 15.6" Android device just for this from KMart. The OS was out of date and it was not worth anything else other than to be used to run the Tangent Element Vu app. It worked for me because the controllers were big enough to simulate the physical controls, can lay flat at an angle, and cheap. Besides that it's not something I recommend getting. Here's were I got it from:

http://www.kmart.com/neos-15.6-8221-...&blockType=G26

thank you for taking the time to make this video. your thorough demonstration gave me a very good understanding of how the app works on a tablet. job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    thank you for taking the time to make this video. your thorough demonstration gave me a very good understanding of how the app works on a tablet. job well done.
    Thanks and glad to know the demo helped.