Wait, they're going to sell a $6000 dollar cameras for $500 dollars so that they can sell a turret upgrade to the people who just paid to upgrade to a new camera? The objective of this promotion is plain and simple, make a few bucks off of dead inventory. If they had any plans whatsoever to release a turret the whole $500 Ursa promotion would be ridiculous. In fact it is only the hope of the turret that gives the big Ursa any value at all to new consumers, seriously who has bought a new Ursa since the mini was released? It's been two years, please move on with your lives, you're grinding metal Ripley.
Hey if nobody wants that big ursa, but is willing to shell out full price for the pro, I'll kick in the $500, for the resolve dongle with the giant paper weight. No seriously I could figure out a way to ulilize the beast into my no budget productions, just can't stretch for the 4.6 right now, wish I could.
What they should have done is create an interchangeable turret/sensor for the UMP...then this would be laid to rest once and for all.
EVERYONE would benefit from it...old and new customers.
(But I guess if you just bought a 4.6K, you probably wouldn't be happy, ha.)
If I remember correctly Grant said that not many people seemed to be interested in the upgrade...which I'd imagine is likely means little man power will go toward fixing the sensor upgrade.
But if it does get done, clearing out the old stock likely gets them some sensor upgrades they would not have sold otherwise.
What I've always learned about URSA owners who I've met (not many, but a few) is that the weight eventually gets to everyone.
I defended it for a long time and it eventually got to me too, ha.
It's not that it's physically tiring to use; it's just so limiting. I personally became very lazy with the camera.
With smaller cameras, I felt more inspired to shoot, run around, fly them, get crazy angles...and I know you can have a second camera for that, but just saying.
Just picked up an Ursa Mini Pro + URSA combo from Adorama. I'm an Ursa Mini 4.6k owner and was firmly in the 'not going to upgrade' camp because I was very content with my 4.6k non-pro. But this was too good of a deal to pass up. Not sure if I'll end up selling or keeping the Ursa 4k PL, but I figure I can get at least $500 for it
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|