Thread: Ursa > Ursa Mini Pro offer - EXPIRES March 31, 2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Ursa > Ursa Mini Pro offer - EXPIRES March 31, 2017 
    Got this from another thread, thought it should be a headline post. I guess 'grab it while the grabbing is good?'

Wait is this official?

I wrote the Blackmagic Support and they said the offer is good till March 31st. I asked "Enquiry: Hi, I was just wondering when the promotion will end for the URSA
    to URSA Mini Pro discount?"

"Hello Carl,

Thank you for contacting us. This offer expires on March 31, 2017.

All the Best,
    Eric Pestana
    Technical Support Representative
    Blackmagic Design Inc.
    www.blackmagicdesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Bennett View Post
    I wrote the Blackmagic Support and they said the offer is good till March 31st. I asked "Enquiry: Hi, I was just wondering when the promotion will end for the URSA
    to URSA Mini Pro discount?"

"Hello Carl,

Thank you for contacting us. This offer expires on March 31, 2017.

All the Best,
    Eric Pestana
    Technical Support Representative
    Blackmagic Design Inc.
    www.blackmagicdesign.com
    Why only end of this month and not after? Waite, could it be because of NAB and this deal will not matter after what they will be announcing? Ursa Mini 8k. 8K turret for big Ursa likely to cost a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Why only end of this month and not after? Waite, could it be because of NAB and this deal will not matter after what they will be announcing? Ursa Mini 8k. 8K turret for big Ursa likely to cost a lot more
    Lol. Probably to keep people from buying them up and then taking advantage of the deal. This is for people who bought an Ursa for the broken promise of upgrading the sensor later, not a BOGOHO.

Me think the turret upgrade for big URSA is not dead just that the 4.6k turret might no longer be current by time BMD finally get round to releasing it because by then BMD has moved on to the next generation of sensor and want to focus their high end camera and turret upgrade towards that.
    The turret is not a bad idea, I wish the Mini has this upgrade option.

New Info from BMD support:

Hi Matthew ~

Your email was forwarded to me by our support department.
    Please know that all of our pricing is in US dollars.
    If you can provide proof of purchase of the original URSA camera along with its serial number, you are entitled to purchase the new UrsaMini Pro at the equivalent of $3495 USD.
    (and you keep your URSA camera; this is not a trade-in)
    It is up to the reseller (Vistek) to properly calculate what that price of $3495 USD would convert to in CDN dollars and present you with that number.
    As of today, the exchange rate is 1.35x. So, the price should be right around $4700 CDN give or take a few dollars.
    Although we would much prefer you act upon this offer with the reseller through which you originally purchased the URSA, if you really don’t want to continue to work with them, you can go through another reseller.
    However, please let me know if that is the course of action that you would prefer to take so that I can go back to our distributor and have them make the exception.
    Lastly, although we do want to get these deals done as quickly as possible, I don’t believe that March 31 is an absolute cutoff date for this offer.
    You will note that neither our website nor our distributor’s website, or any other website for that matter, contains any language to that effect.
    Hope this helps. Let me know if there is any other information I can provide and I am happy to.
    Out of curiosity, can you tell me who is it that you have been speaking with at Vistek Toronto?
    Maybe I can reach out to them and give them more solid info than what they have so far.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Best,

~ Sean

Sean Manton
    Territory Manager – Canada
    Blackmagicdesign

Slightly vague response on the actual cutoff date - I haven't lived in this much fear since the American election!!

Just got off the phone with blackmagic support and they said that they have not released a deadline for the promo. The manager also confirmed.