Thread: "Available now"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    According to BM, the PL mounts are in shipping also. Just order one.
    Cheers

2. #52 Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro Cameras In Stock at Texas Media Systems 

BMCuser Sponsor
    there's no ETA yet for the PL Mount option for the USRA Mini Pro per my distributor.

I'll hit up the reps at Blackmagic and see if they know the ETA.

This is what the URSA Mini should have been. After a little hiatus I may have to com back to Blackmagic.

We miss you, Brian!

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of buying the Ursa Mini Pro, but I'm also needing a new mobile workstation. I've always been a mac user, but given the latest specs I'm considering jumping ship. I've been looking at the Thinkpad P70 (spec'd to the max: Intel Xeon E3-1575m processor, 64GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC SoDIMM (16GBx4) Ram, NVIDIA Quadro M5000M 8GB graphics card, 1TB SSD PCIe-NVMe)

Now, on paper the Thinkpad absolutely blows the MBP out of the water, but it just pains me to leave mac (they've got their claws in). My question is, do you think the MBP (fully spec'd) is absolutely fine to work with this camera, or is the higher end video files too much? Are people working fine with the MBP's, and if so, what is your workflow?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by geo2211 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm in the process of buying the Ursa Mini Pro, but I'm also needing a new mobile workstation. I've always been a mac user, but given the latest specs I'm considering jumping ship. I've been looking at the Thinkpad P70 (spec'd to the max: Intel Xeon E3-1575m processor, 64GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC SoDIMM (16GBx4) Ram, NVIDIA Quadro M5000M 8GB graphics card, 1TB SSD PCIe-NVMe)

Now, on paper the Thinkpad absolutely blows the MBP out of the water, but it just pains me to leave mac (they've got their claws in). My question is, do you think the MBP (fully spec'd) is absolutely fine to work with this camera, or is the higher end video files too much? Are people working fine with the MBP's, and if so, what is your workflow?

Any advise would be much appreciated.
    I have the P70 maxed out. I actually put two SSDs in mine 1 512 NVMe and 1 1TB SATA3. I have no problems with it editing RAW DNG. I love it. The great thing about it is you can buy the dock use it on a desktop with three monitors, you can also get Thunderbolt 3 to PCIE enclosures for things like RAID cards.

I tried one of the latest macbook pro before buying the P70 and was disappointed It really wasn't that great. Unless you use FCP X there's very little reason to stick with a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Finnigan View Post
    I have the P70 maxed out. I actually put two SSDs in mine 1 512 NVMe and 1 1TB SATA3. I have no problems with it editing RAW DNG. I love it. The great thing about it is you can buy the dock use it on a desktop with three monitors, you can also get Thunderbolt 3 to PCIE enclosures for things like RAID cards.

I tried one of the latest macbook pro before buying the P70 and was disappointed It really wasn't that great. Unless you use FCP X there's very little reason to stick with a Mac.
    Yeah, the specs really are underwhelming. I'm based in the Uk, and a fully spec'd MBP is around £4,500. Naturally the Thinkpad is a little more, but with the specs it just seems more future proof, as I would want it to last for a good few years.

Like I said though, I'm a mac user. Every experience I've had with a windows machine has been poor, and the lifespan of them has been awful. That was years ago however, and was with really cheap consumer laptops.

I hear Windows 10 has been making friends with some MAC users, but so far I'm resisting

Quote Originally Posted by rick.lang View Post
    I hear Windows 10 has been making friends with some MAC users, but so far I'm resisting
    How do you find the MBP for colour grading?