Thread: URSA Upgrade to URSA Mini Pro $3495

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Just placed my order. Had to get it done by the 31st as I was afraid the offer would end. I'm very excited, its almost Tax season here in the states, so I had to take care of my situation with Uncle Sam before i could make any investments, but it seems to have worked out. I'll bet a new sensor comes out for the Big URSa that isn't the 4.6k, but 6k!!!(wishful thinking). Because then that would be the ultimate setup of URSA with a 6k sensor and the URSA mini pro with the 4.6k. as it stands i have an URSA with a V1 inferior sensor except for an extra 20 fps. I'll probably still use the Big URSA for Green Screen work, as it is a great studio setup with the 10 inch screen, but i do feel the pro will be more liberating.

I do however wonder what the problem is with the sensor and if there even is one or if this is some underhanded strategy, to sell 4.6k pros. i do find it odd that your can't even buy the big ursa with the 4.6k sensor? Anyways who knows, ill roll with the punches and maybe sell the big boy to invest in some enhanced glass.

I ditched the UM 4.6K Pro and use all that money on good cine lens which is more of an investment and I'll use it on my existing URSA.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    I ditched the UM 4.6K Pro and use all that money on good cine lens which is more of an investment and I'll use it on my existing URSA.
    It seems like the smarter thing to do is ditch the Ursa 4k. You don't need IRND filters and a matte box every time you walk outside, a tripod that supports 50lbs, you can use the UMP on a ronin, and add 3 stops of DR. Oh, and you won't destroy your back shooting handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Fiorita View Post
    It seems like the smarter thing to do is ditch the Ursa 4k.
    Not at all. It's a workhorse that's paid for many time. I have no need for a 4.6K if at all, won't even want anything more than 2.5K for delivery. In fact, 99% of what I sell/get paid for is in HD. The 4K is plenty. I used my URSA as an A Cam and my BMPCC as my B Cam. Maybe I try to snatch a used UM4K when the price goes down (< $2K) after NAB just to have a complementary R-N-G option (another B Cam). Seen a couple UM4K on Ebay for $1995. Lenses, on the other hand, are what makes the quality of the image and retains their value even when years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Dose View Post
    Ahhh, okay gotcha. Oddly enough I don't know if anyone has asked a retailer about buying a full size URSA after the announcement and then using it for a rebate but it would be interesting if someone could get away with it.
    I don't know if anyone answered this in the thread, but the notification I got from Adorama said that if you purchased on or before January 31, 2017...you could get the rebate.

Is anybody still waiting on their ursa mini pro(with this upgrade path)?

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    Is anybody still waiting on their ursa mini pro(with this upgrade path)?

Yes. I'm still waiting. Made my order the 29/3 and I still havn't got it. I hope it is because they are fixing the rainbow effect on the ND's before sending it out.

Still waiting here too I ordered on the 29th of March from BH and haven't heard anything. I've also been charged the full amount.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingkingx View Post
    Yes. I'm still waiting. Made my order the 29/3 and I still havn't got it. I hope it is because they are fixing the rainbow effect on the ND's before sending it out.

Yeah and please fix the FPN while you are at it. As that is even worse for me.

What does your reseller say? Mine just says they are waiting on the camera. But its almost a month now....