Thread: URSA Upgrade to URSA Mini Pro $3495

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 URSA Upgrade to URSA Mini Pro $3495 
    So as I'm watching the presentation plotting how i'll sell my URSA to snag a new Mini pro. Grant sneaks in at the very end the URSA Upgrade to URSA Mini Pro Plan, which drops the price to 3,495$ for the URSA owners that want to upgrade. They are essentially giving you a 2500$ value on your URSA toward the price of a new camera. Im thinking Im gonna Upgrade and take advantage. I'm sure BH will participate in the program. I was going to upgrade the sensor for 2,000$ so i guess an extra 1500 isn't impossible.

How do other URSA owners feel about this? I guess It's a cool way to "make-up" for the fact no turrets will be forth coming. Because Im sure thats what the upgrade program means, that there's not turrets.

Man They really got us by the...

Same here!!

I have started a petition to see how many folks want to Upgrade from the Mini to Pro. I sure could use those features!
    https://www.change.org/p/blackmagic-...ni-pro-upgrade

I would take a big Ursa with the new sensor any day, over the MiniPro.
    Personally I don't need all the EB features anyway, for my sort of work.
    Changeable mounts are very nice to have though.

I was really holding out for the turret, but I'll make this upgrade. It also may help me finally convince my live sports/ doc client whom have been having me shoot on the F55, FS7, and ENG cams to swap over (and help get me some extra kit rental). Pair this camera with the Zeiss 21-100 or Fujinon 20-120 and its a perfect ENG/Doc cam.

He made it sound like, right at the very end, that there was still a turret coming. He said something like "before they come out I wanted you to know about the upgrade." Probably not, but it left me a little confused.

What do you think about those of us who bought on the used market, I bought on eBay, any issues? Do we just send in the old URSA for a replacement?

I think the upgrade program only applicable with the original (first) buyer of the URSA through the re-seller that opt for the program. And no, you are not going to be sending them the URSA camera back. You need to submit the Proof of Purchase to them in order to entitled for the USD 3,495 price tag for the Mini Pro.

I am not sure as the Blackmagic Design official website does not list-up anything on this option under the Camera product section either.
    Last edited by kicap; 03-02-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kicap View Post
    I think the upgrade program only applicable with the original (first) buyer of the URSA through the re-seller that opt for the program.
    I don't think that is so. What non-original owner have to do to make sure they have the original purchase receipt (with the camera serial number) and the invoice from the purchase you did from the primary owner. That transfer makes you the owner of the camera and the serial number associated with it. BMD honors the camera based on the serial number I am told. There is one thing you might want to do. Contact the original vendor and with your proof (documentation) have them change the ownership of the camera on their file. This is SOP for businesses who acquires asset from another business. You just need a little patience and finest to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    I would take a big Ursa with the new sensor any day, over the MiniPro.
    +1. But we've been waiting for it a long time now... that's a long shot Frank. I do recall Hook commenting on an older post that BMD was working on the sensor.