Thread: Using the Tangent Ripple Panel with Da Vinci Resolve

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    I believe the IPad 12.9 will work decently. That's right, $99 and you can use it with multiple devices. I am using the Free version to test it. It is the same as the full version but time limited. I think I'm keeping the Android devices and buy the full version. I still have over twenty days to test Tangent on the device before I can return it to KMart for a full refund.
    You're correct. You can use the full version of the app for 1 hour everyday forever. People think that you have pay $99 to test it. I've tested the app a year ago. I hope that they read this and go to the App Store and download the free trial version and try it themselves.

I may need to get in on this. I downloaded the free app to my old iPad 1 a while back but never got around to loading the patch that communicates with resolve. I also have my wife's old iPad 2, so I can run 2 screens at once. The great thing about this app is that it will run iOS 5 on ipad1, which can be had for dirt cheap, and built like a tank. I was going to let the old iPad die on the shelf as there are very few apps it will run any more, this will give it new life for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    I may need to get in on this. I downloaded the free app to my old iPad 1 a while back but never got around to loading the patch that communicates with resolve. I also have my wife's old iPad 2, so I can run 2 screens at once. The great thing about this app is that it will run iOS 5 on ipad1, which can be had for dirt cheap, and built like a tank. I was going to let the old iPad die on the shelf as there are very few apps it will run any more, this will give it new life for sure.
    Yes sir. You can use the 1st iPad with the App. It's easy to get working once you download the Davinci Resolve driver. I use it on the road with my laptop.

Got it going today on both iPads, looks very cool, but yikes so much to learn. (True of resolve as well) I'll probably pick away at I it for an hour a day on the free version till I get a feel for it. Probably will decide it is worth buyin the ripple for the balls and use the app with it for the other controls It would be cool if you could use the tangent buttons with the BM micro panel, but not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    Got it going today on both iPads, looks very cool, but yikes so much to learn. (True of resolve as well) I'll probably pick away at I it for an hour a day on the free version till I get a feel for it. Probably will decide it is worth buyin the ripple for the balls and use the app with it for the other controls It would be cool if you could use the tangent buttons with the BM micro panel, but not likely.
    Not the BM Micro Panel but you can use the Ripple with the App. I used my Ripple and iPad together and it worked.

does this solution completely eliminate the need for a mouse and keyboard, or do you still need to those to do some things?

Ugafan, None of the physical control surface replaces the mouse and keyboard. Even BMD's $30K surface comes with a slide out keyboard. I still need the mouse for the Editing, Media Management, and Delivery part of Resolve; but when you are in the Color tab, you can use it without the Keyboard and mouse.

I've been so busy lately but still am planning on finding one evening and do a quick video with the Android device I got. The IPads have nice display but I don't own any iPads are gathering dusts and getting a new iPad is silly because at that price point, might as well get the the BMD Micro Surface. There's much good to say with physical controls but again, this topic started with me figuring out how I can have a control surface for cheap and can be added to my workflow.

I finally got around making a video. I hope you like it. I'm going to redirect you to a new thread were we can continue this conversation. Thanks for your patience as it's been a brutal two weeks for work and personal things.

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...655#post233655