How about the available PCI lanes, when you have 2 GPUs, a RAID controller and a Decklink in there? And how about Thunderbolt and the latest USB?
Haven't dealt with yet except the USB. The am4s have USB 3.1. The ram limitation is frustrating though (and prices).
The reason I'm trying to wait for the Taichung x370 is because it has 10 data slot. Vrry fortunate to upgrade this week, since now it's primarily a hard drives issue. I'll be watching the rumors concerning zen Plus and the x299 platform. Might get a x299 even!
I would recommend reading this first before spending on an 8 core editing rig:
Unless you work with RED raw it's just not worth it. Sony Vegas might give you different results, or Resolve, but I am an Adobe guy.
Last edited by Liszön!; 03-08-2017 at 04:56 AM.
Yep I've seen that.
Ultimately if x299 comes out with such, I might upgrade.
I did do a ppbm8 test before but HDD issues are forcing me to do this upgrade + case.
For those that haven't read:
Right now my system has 1700 oc to 3.7.
I'm trying to get my ram up from 2133 since testing shows massive gains with higher ram speed. My mobo—gigabyte x370 G5—won't go beyond 2133 since these are unsupported.
Waiting for a bios fix.
While I have to do a direct comparison at base, I did run a ppbm8 test and the 1700 is definitely faster than my old i7.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|