Thread: ***OSEE LCM156-E, LCM170-E, and LCM230-E GROUP BUY***

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 ***OSEE LCM156-E, LCM170-E, and LCM230-E GROUP BUY*** 
    ***OSEE LCM156-E and LCM170-E GROUP BUY***

It is that time of year again and the people over at Osee have reached out to me to see if I can find interest in a BMCuser group buy for at least 21 total LCM156-E,LCM170-E, and LCM230-E Monitors for Field Acquisition and Post Production. The group buy prices will be as follows:

Group numbers needed for a discount 10-15 5%, 15-20 10%, 21-29 15%, 30+ 20%

Free US Shipping and they will discount shipping as much as possible continental.

My company currently has both the original and updated LCM156-E. They have become an invaluable tool for us both in the field and in studio. We also rely on it for color during our live productions in our ATEM/URSA Mini setup.

We recently had a little time on a lunch break to do an on location testimonial from three users on the value and use of this powerful little production monitor. Please visit my blog post on that details the findings.

http://kedacreative.com/2017/02/22/o...6-e-group-buy/

UPDATE: The group buy will officially close on April 8th. OSEE has generously included a C-Stand mount for all 170 and 230 purchases.

UPDATE 2: Extended till April 21st and added the brand new HCM700
    http://www.oseedirect.com/hcm700.html

UPDATE 3: We met the 10% threshold! Let's keep going.

Per the usual post here and I’ll add your name. Saying you want one is in no way binding but if we want more manufacturers to reach out to our community we need promises kept.

UPDATE 4: NAB is here and we are ready to distribute the coupon code. For the HMC170 and HMC230 will be 20% off with the coupon code "20NAB2017"! The HMC156 will 15% off with the code "15NAB2017".

The deeply discounted Pre-orders for the HCM700 will work by contacting them directly until it is in their system.

They have also added the 10" PRM1014 at 20% to be used with the "20NAB2017" code.

The codes will work for the next 2 weeks.

UPDATE: Click add to cart for special pricing. http://www.shop.oseedirect.com/product-p/hcm700.htm

1. PeopleCanFly
    2. kicap
    3. yophoto91
    4. Unknown
    5. ThomasHennessy
    6. laurens
    7. robertnachman
    8. filmkennedy
    9. Rotbart
    10. j_walk83
    11. DANDIT
    12. kgimedia (offline purchase)
    13. Marshall Harrington
    14. yophoto91
    15. yophoto91
    16. JosephBoyle
    17. DucksAreTheBest
    Last edited by kgimedia; Yesterday at 10:52 AM.

This is some funny timing since I was just looking at their site the other day...I don't know if I can swing the budget for one now, but if we can get to the 15% discount, I'm tentatively in for getting an LCM-156-E.

Count me in (I am interested to get the OSEE LCM156-E V-Mount Field Kit if the 15% discount is opted).

Can you describe some of the differences between the original and updated version? I think I read somewhere the updated 15" is a bit brighter. Is that true? Do you know if there is any differences in color accuracy and brightness amongst the 3 different sizes? Are they making a complete flight case accessory kit for the 17" like the 15"? Price? Possibly interested in the 17" if we can get top discount. Thanks, Mark
    Last edited by yophoto91; 02-26-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Might be interested in another one. How much for shipping to Europe? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
    Anybody that comments in any way affirmative will get added to the list. These things tend to snowball once we get past half way. I'll also soon post an end date for this list.

In regards to you questions I will get some answers. I know nothing about shipping and only own the original and upgraded LCM156 so I can't really speak on the others but yes the "E" model I have is brighter and slightly better in showing the colors but these are adjustments beyond where you would want them in judging color. That is to say you can tweak beyond good calibration if you have the need but once calibrated they are very similar unless you are looking at wide Gamut footage. The Osee team is on here and they may see and answer but I'll send them the questions anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
    Can you give me a city and country?

Count me in. Still deciding which one, but I will definitely take one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by yophoto91 View Post
    Can you describe some of the differences between the original and updated version? I think I read somewhere the updated 15" is a bit brighter. Is that true? Do you know if there is any differences in color accuracy and brightness amongst the 3 different sizes? Are they making a complete flight case accessory kit for the 17" like the 15"? Price? Possibly interested in the 17" if we can get top discount. Thanks, Mark
    "The 170 and 230 are above 300nit with 1000:1 contrast ratio. They all have the same accuracy but the 156 and 170 are wide gamut and have more color space overhead for DCI and 2020. The 156E is set with the backlight full on and contrast up to be brighter but not quite 300nit and CR is 700:1. " - from OSEE

They are moving away from the hard case and to a soft case like the other monitors at or above this level.

I found this thread about these monitors on LGG and the smoke and mirror answers the company is providing is a little off putting to me.

http://www.liftgammagain.com/forum/i...-and-all.4648/

Has anyone here actually used any of these monitors before?
    Last edited by Nick Vega; 03-01-2017 at 06:00 PM.