Thread: USRA Mini live switch with ATEM Production 4k

1. #1 USRA Mini live switch with ATEM Production 4k 
    I recently volunteered my company to do a 5 camera live shoot of a benefit solo piano concert for an old and dear friend. All labor was donated and since we didn't have the budget for fancy zooms we used our Sony PL Primes on our three URSA Mini 4k PL mount cameras and a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L on the one BMPC EF mount camera. The GH4 on Pan-Tilt head crashed and burned so it ended up being a 4 camera affair. We mastered in 4k but streamed in 1080p. The link posted below is Facebook as that is where the audience for this event exists. So that is 720p. We were rushed and trying to quickly chew the bite that should have been more than we could chew but we started the stream on time. Unfortunately two things were missed. The first was we did not have time to paint the cameras so the color isn't perfect. The second is I had been testing various things with my Hyperdeck and it was in ProRes Proxy. Considering 98% of people that with watch this are watching 720p on Facebook and 480p on DVD the Proxy isn't a huge deal but it was not our intention. We had some other minor issues like talent turning the LAV off for the first set and an unknown introduction that was not on mic but once the adrenaline went away I became very proud of my team and our effort.

4 Camera Live Solo Piano Benefit Concert

PS. Feel free to donate if you enjoy the music.
    Last edited by kgimedia; 02-14-2017 at 09:35 PM.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. Facebook video sure doesn't do any favors for those cameras, or any camera...

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Cook View Post
    Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. Facebook video sure doesn't do any favors for those cameras, or any camera...
    I get that. While I was trimming the captured footage and panning the audio I noticed we forgot to dust the piano. Even in proxy it was quite detailed. I'm hopeful the few BluRay disc I'm making for the family will still shine.

This is the promo video we did beforehand. I had an idea. We shot it in 15 minutes and took about the same to record the VO. It is under exposed but it worked. Shot all with Sony PL Prime 85mm T2.0. In 4k 422 at 48p in 24p container.

https://app.frame.io/v/wMLKIuwL