Thread: PWM(S-BUS)+LANC+DC12V BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box Module by RADIOPROEKTOR

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks Shijan, I'm a fan of what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by LJR View Post
    Thanks Shijan, I'm a fan of what you're doing.
    same here. put me down for one of your expansion boxes when you get to the selling part of this process.

Currently i search a better way to manufacture a body of the box. At this Sunday my friends made test samples on usual FDM 3D printer and i don't like the results. It appears not too precise and material not strong enough for this kind of small things, also it takes too many time for batch manufacture. So i refuse my idea of simple 3D printed body.
    Now i got few other more precise and professional manufacture options, like DLP/SLA 3D printers or CNC machined body sample for future molding. Need to test that things too.

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    Currently i search a better way to manufacture a body of the box. At this Sunday my friends made test samples on usual FDM 3D printer and i don't like the results. It appears not too precise and material not strong enough for this kind of small things, also it takes too many time for batch manufacture. So i refuse my idea of simple 3D printed body.
    Now i got few other more precise and professional manufacture options, like DLP/SLA 3D printers or CNC machined body sample for future molding. Need to test that things too.
    Keep up the good work Shijan.

Last edited by shijan; 02-14-2017 at 05:24 AM.

An idea might be to just source the parts and post links for a cool DIY project with the STL file for printing. An engine block is not a precise casting it's later machined to spec. You could do the same with 3D printing, print the rough block that can later be finished with tools. A simpler , albeit less sexy, beefier design with less reliefs and cutouts.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roll View Post
    An idea might be to just source the parts and post links for a cool DIY project with the STL file for printing. An engine block is not a precise casting it's later machined to spec. You could do the same with 3D printing, print the rough block that can later be finished with tools. A simpler , albeit less sexy, beefier design with less reliefs and cutouts.

Good Luck
    thats what I was pretty much planning to do

Was testing today different wires thickness and the way to solder them and confirmed that Dupont Jumpers warped with heat shrink tube will fit to VGA pins.
    Also done a little chart with Lumberg/EST vs OEM China connectors comparison. DC power connectors are also different. I can't find a Lumberg DC power connectors in local stores yet, but already find another brand which is better quality than OEM.

Last edited by shijan; 10-29-2017 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    the tip should be + 5V to avoid problems when connecting or pulling the connector out. the first contact ground and middle the SBUS. But I do not much care about the plugs.

Someone would anyway contact and burn headphone or mic on it.
    Sounds logical, but i just checked LANC pinout for compare and tip is used for signal, and middle contact used for DC power.

The Power for LANC is very low, so having the tip (signal) pass by the power connection on its way in, and does not create a short, or issue with the LANC controller. SBus would be another issue, as it is 5VDC, so I would make that a power to tip, SBus signal ring, and ground Steve.
    Cheers