Thread: PWM(S-BUS)+LANC+DC12V BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box Module by RADIOPROEKTOR

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Shijan,

If you're inserting a 2.5mm for 2 PWM connections, are you building a remote? Why not build an angle VGA box with 12v and Lanc connections only?

Quote Originally Posted by Bino View Post
    Shijan,

If you're inserting a 2.5mm for 2 PWM connections, are you building a remote? Why not build an angle VGA box with 12v and Lanc connections only?
    No, i don't have any planes to build a remote because already there are lot of very nice lanc and s.bus remotes. But i have a plane to build a compact side handle with simple rec/stop pwm button and dedicated rosette mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nux View Post
    Yes def better with the rounded off edges.
    One thing I wanted to mention was in your first post you show the pic with an HDMI clamp attached.
    Will the HDMI type lead illustrated not impede on the power socket if used immediately below?
    There is enough space. If slightly bend cables you can use all together without any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    No, i don't have any planes to build a remote because already there are lot of very nice lanc and s.bus remotes. But i have a plane to build a compact side handle with simple rec/stop pwm button and dedicated rosette mount.
    That would be cool. People are looking for that. I fully support new innovations. Try to add auto focus to the handle. I don't use auto focus but everyone else uses it these days and they are asking for a handle with auto focus functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post

Now, for my 2cents worth, like the dovetail on the cover to make the box nice and strong, and keeps back aligned for a faster, or it could have slightly larger tab, that would "snap" in place on the box, eliminating the screw complications, then the camera mounting screw would hold the unit on the camera cage. You mentioned, I think, this will also work with the Woodn Camera Micro cage, hope so, as that is what
    there is a problem with attaching this box directly to cage because cages are different and because in same cage camera may move slightly out center position. This may work if don't fix d-sub connector in box, but i don't like this way. Earlier I used angle vga adapter. it screwed directly to the camera metal bory and feels very very secure. No any shakes or feeling that something can be damaged or bended. Later i cut and disassemble this adapter (as you can see on the first photo) for better understanding how d-sub connectors attached to shell

Yes, bad response or senior moment, I meant the DB15 plug in the camera, that the breakout box attaches to, not the cage. My bad! Thanks for catching that Shijan.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 02-13-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Also i find a solution for more flexible pinout. Everything will be connected directly to D-sub pins with tiny Dupont Jumpers. Anytime you can just open the box and change pinout for example from S.bus to PWM or to anything you want.

Last edited by shijan; 10-29-2017 at 04:06 AM.

why not to integrate the HDMI support/lock to the Expansion port cover.
    LeViteZer Smooths the movement, www.levitezer.com

I start with same idea but seems modular is better, more flexible, more compatible with different cages.

BTW BMMCC controllers developers, how about declare some kind of ISO standardization of S.bus to 3.5mm jack pinout? Maybe fit pinout to CGPro Micro Connector Box as so as it is already exists? Rob192 if you like this idea maybe you can share with us your pinout specs? In this way different controllers will be compatible with different adapters out the box and everybody will be happy.

the tip should be + 5V to avoid problems when connecting or pulling the connector out. the first contact ground and middle the SBUS. But I do not much care about the plugs.

Someone would anyway contact and burn headphone or mic on it.
    LeViteZer Smooths the movement, www.levitezer.com