Thread: PWM(S-BUS)+LANC+DC12V BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box Module by RADIOPROEKTOR

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 PWM(S-BUS)+LANC+DC12V BMMCC Angle Breakout Expansion Box Module by RADIOPROEKTOR 
    Hi there! As you may know i'm a developer of Angle HDMI Clamp Kit http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?19...e-HDMI-adapter and co-designer of SmallRig BMMCC cage. My next attempt in this line of projects was the camera handle, but it seems things moving slowly and i decide to release Angle Expansion Box Module first.
    Box uses high quality connectors made by Lumberg (Germany). It takes months to test a lot of different connectors before choose proper ones, especially DC power which should work smoothly with BMMCC power plug same as with another more simple ones. Angle shape provides compact and secure cable management, no more mess of wires around camera. Fits perfectly to size and shape of BMMCC Angle HDMI Clamp Kit. Compatible with SmallRig and Wooden Camera cages. Compatible with other BMMCC controllers.
    For request 3.5mm jack can be wired to 2 PWM channels or to S.Bus. Other connectors are 2.5 jack LANC and camera DC power in.

Currently this project is in final stage of development. Hope expansion box will be available in month or so. Price will be around $25-$50. Worldwide shipping with registered air mail about $5.

For more details send me a private message or contact directly to radioproektor (@) gmail . com

Last edited by shijan; 02-13-2017 at 03:42 AM.

Nice Drawings.

Just few more detailed quick renders. It may look simple but this box is real puzzle. work still in progress . . .

vga for print out.jpgvga for print cap.jpgvga for print in.jpg
    Last edited by shijan; 02-11-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    Just few more detailed quick renders. It may look simple but this box is real puzzle. work still in progress . . .

vga for print out.jpgvga for print cap.jpgvga for print in.jpg
    I think that you should stop posting 3D print images and post a finish product. I like to see something that I can buy. Show me the product and a price. I don't think these people have the time to look at 3D prints. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bino View Post
    I think that you should stop posting 3D print images and post a finish product. I like to see something that I can buy. Show me the product and a price. I don't think these people have the time to look at 3D prints. Just my opinion.
    I post that renders because i'm not a company or gear manufacturer. And this is a discussion forum thread, not For Sale / Want to Buy. It is a semi DIY project and i'll be happy to hear constructive feedback and suggestions from other people. Please understand that i start develop all that ecosystem around Micro camera not because i wish to get huge commercial profits, but because i just need that gear for personal usage and for unknown reason nobody didn't develop it yet. Random companies and people makes nice controllers, cages, monitors and handles for this camera but don't bother how their stuff will be work all together. As result we got a dangerous mess of wires around camera body and camera rigs that can't be simple dropped to the bag without worry to break hdmi port or something so, or that takes 20 minutes so disassemble them every time. Micro camera itself is very unusual thing.
    My aim is to transform BMMCC into small documentary/travel camera but same time don't cut ergonomics in it, as it was done in Pocket camera.

My aim is to transform BMMCC into small documentary/travel camera but same time don't cut ergonomics in it, as it was done in Pocket camera.
    Keep up the good work!
    https://guerillafilmsoldier.wordpress.com/

Camera
    Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
    Zenit Meteor 5-1 f/1.9 17-69mm
    LOMO 16 OKS 3-10-1 f/2.1 10 mm
    Krasnogorsk-3 pistol grip with telescopic shoulder stock
    Fancier FC-270A Tripod with FC-02H Fluid Head

Workstation
    Windows 10 Pro
    Resolve 12.5.4.019
    ASUS X99-A
    Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3 GHz 15MB
    16GB RAM Corsair DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeance
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual OC 3GB
    Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD
    Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

I post that renders because i'm not a company or gear manufacturer. And this is a discussion forum thread, not For Sale / Want to Buy. It is a semi DIY project and i'll be happy to hear constructive feedback and suggestions from other people. Please understand that i start develop all that ecosystem around Micro camera not because i wish to get huge commercial profits, but because i just need that gear for personal usage and for unknown reason nobody didn't develop it yet. Random companies and people makes nice controllers, cages, monitors and handles for this camera but don't bother how their stuff will be work all together. As result we got a dangerous mess of wires around camera body and camera rigs that can't be simple dropped to the bag without worry to break hdmi port or something so, or that takes 20 minutes so disassemble them every time. Micro camera itself is very unusual thing.

Gotcha. Your original post didn't specify that you wanted constructive criticism. It clearly said that you're the maker of the HDMI clamp and you're making an angle expansion port box. I clearly see a price range and shipping rate. I understand what you are trying to sell, I mean build. Keep up the good work. Don't forget to post the finish product and the price (including shipping to the U.S.). I'm a backer.

same edge radius as in Ugreen angle HDMI adapter. Also seems this shape allow more natural cable flow.

vga for print777.jpg
    Last edited by shijan; 02-11-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Yes def better with the rounded off edges.
    One thing I wanted to mention was in your first post you show the pic with an HDMI clamp attached.
    Will the HDMI type lead illustrated not impede on the power socket if used immediately below?

No, No, keep,posting the various renderings, I,love it! Makes you feel like your are (and are) participating in the development - good show!

Now, for my 2cents worth, like the dovetail on the cover to make the box nice and strong, and keeps back aligned for a faster, or it could have slightly larger tab, that would "snap" in place on the box, eliminating the screw complications, then the camera mounting screw on the DB15 plug, would hold the unit on the camera. You mentioned, I think, this will also work with the Woodn Camera Micro cage, hope so, as that is what I have.

Keep up the good work,
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 02-11-2017 at 04:43 PM.