Thread: CGPro Micro Connector Box with Lanc and 12V Input

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gskguston View Post
    Dear Bino,

As I wrote in my post which you quoted in your reply, I have already purchased but was wondering if there might be the possibility that they would still be produced if the target number of 20 purchases is not met. It would be fantastic to hear from CGpro?
    Cool. I emailed them with that question already. There is a strong possibility that you will get the product. You will love this product. You should get the C-100. I've bought and returned a couple of Lanc remotes. The C-100 is the best one so far.

Bino, How is the Varizoom C100 lanc with focus sensitivity? Also is focus control limited to certain lenses? I guess its hit and miss with focus working on Metabones mounted EF lenses?

I manually focus but would love to use a controller sometimes particularly when using a 500mm which I use for wildlife shots, as the focus ring is further to reach.
    The larger remote control box by Cinegearpro is also an option for me but might be overkill, although the AF function sounds interesting.
    Iris, focus and record functions on the tiller bar would be welcome.
    Ultimately I will probably end up getting a different camera to film wildlife (and yes I know the micro wasn't designed for what I'm doing) but I'm quite happy to see how far I can customise the little body and adapt for my needs, its so damn light and I love the image it produces!

Thanks for all your orders and support, We’re hoping for at least 20 to keep production costs down, but will estimate the cost once the pre-order campaign ends and we hope we are still able to cover the existing orders. Will keep you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nux View Post
    Bino, How is the Varizoom C100 lanc with focus sensitivity? Also is focus control limited to certain lenses? I guess its hit and miss with focus working on Metabones mounted EF lenses?

I manually focus but would love to use a controller sometimes particularly when using a 500mm which I use for wildlife shots, as the focus ring is further to reach.
    The larger remote control box by Cinegearpro is also an option for me but might be overkill, although the AF function sounds interesting.
    Iris, focus and record functions on the tiller bar would be welcome.
    Ultimately I will probably end up getting a different camera to film wildlife (and yes I know the micro wasn't designed for what I'm doing) but I'm quite happy to see how far I can customise the little body and adapt for my needs, its so damn light and I love the image it produces!
    Nux,

The focus rocker is very smooth. The focus control should work on all AF Servo lens so Metabones mounted EF lenses should work. I've tried other Lanc controllers and ended up returning them back to B&H. I've never tested Metabones mounted EF lenses. I tried to keep it very light by using MFT lenses.

Thanks Bino.
    I wish I could keep things very light, my back would benefit

Thanks Bino.
    I wish I could keep things very light, my back would benefit
    You can. I use a Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 and a Olympus 40 -150mm f/4-5.6 so that covers 35-432mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bino View Post
    You can. I use a Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 and a Olympus 40 -150mm f/4-5.6 so that covers 35-432mm.
    The Oly 40-150mm isn't enough focal length all the time. The Panny Leica 100-400mm mft would be useful but I still have my full frame Canon EF 500mm from my stills camera and its one very sharp lens and i'm covered for wide angle.
    I will prob pick up an mft wide angle for a gimbal though and if I stay with an mft sensor it would make far more sense to mount an mft telephoto like a Panny Leica 100-400mm amongst other possibilities.

Apologies to reader for straying from the threads topic...my bad.
    Last edited by Nux; 02-17-2017 at 02:53 PM.

The Oly 40-150mm isn't enough focal length all the time. The Panny Leica 100-400mm mft would be useful but I still have my full frame Canon EF 500mm from my stills camera and its one very sharp lens and i'm covered for wide angle.
    I will prob pick up an mft wide angle for a gimbal though.

Apologies to reader for straying from the threads topic...my bad.
    Ok. This adapter will help with your BMMCC. I purchase it so I can attached my BMMCC outside a vehicle so I can control it from inside. It's just $56 including shipping. The original spaghetti expansion port is $30. The C-100 isn't that big. Here's a pic of it next to the BMMCC.

IMG_8253.jpg

Cool. Will sort the Rock c100 order once I've got the adapter in my hands.
    Got my NP-F bridge today and it attaches very sturdily to the BMMCC battery bay, pleased about that and it took only 7 days from the order date to arrive from Japan!

Cool. Will sort the Rock c100 order once I've got the adapter in my hands.
    Got my NP-F bridge today and it attaches very sturdily to the BMMCC battery bay, pleased about that and it took only 7 days from the order date to arrive from Japan!
    Cool, I'm using a Juicebox for external battery power. I'm just waiting on the adapter.