Thread: CGPro Micro Connector Box with Lanc and 12V Input

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Cengiz Özgök View Post
    Can I still order the remote control and where can I find that shoulder pad
    Yes, the remote is from Rob192's store. I'm loving it. Below is the link for the remote. I bought the hybrid chest/shoulder pad from a company in Texas. Below is the link also. The rest of the parts are from smallrig.com.

https://www.cinegearpro.co.uk/produc...nt=30693937229

https://photographyandcinema.com/products/shoulder-pad

I said I would post up a picture with it rigged up on the Ronin-M. Doing some gimbal work today so here ya go. Running D-Tap from the Ronin to the 12-V input on the "Micro Connector Box" and the LANC to the Lanparte trigger on the handle. So in love with not having to remove my hands to hit record. (heart eyes)

IMG_3834.jpg

I was thinking about getting a Ronin M for my Micro but something better might come out at NAB 2017. BM might put out another smaller camera. I think they put the UM Pro out early for a big reason.

Anybody tried out the focus function with speedbooster maybe with the sigma 18-35 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bino View Post
    I was thinking about getting a Ronin M for my Micro but something better might come out at NAB 2017. BM might put out another smaller camera. I think they put the UM Pro out early for a big reason.
    The Ronin-M is a solid buy no matter when you get it. I've had mine for about 2 years and it has seen some "action". I've dropped it, tossed it out of my hands while on bikes chasing other bikes, I've had to bail of boards at 40+ mph while following riders down hills, fallen of moving trucks with it.
    All that has happened was road rash on me and body wear (dents and scrapes) for the Ronin, and snapping the top handle off and bent one of the handles :P . DJI OEM replacement parts aren't cheap either :/ . On my last crash my Pocket camera was the one to give and basically exploded on impact. The Crazy part is every time I've had my Sigma 18-35 mounted and it is still running true as true could be.

Right now I know there is already an improvement to the M series but I believe it holds less weight. But if you do wait until NAB and a new model comes out, the best part about that would be that the Ronin-M could be found for cheaper. I would still get a M if I had to again. I don't see gimbal tech getting to much better. The top ones do exactly what they're suppose to do. Kinda like tripods.

Oh and if you ever see me selling my Ronin-M on here I wouldn't buy it... it's been really abused, but in a "used to it's fullest" type of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cengiz Özgök View Post
    Anybody tried out the focus function with speedbooster maybe with the sigma 18-35 ??
    I use the 18-35 mostly but I also use the Metaboones Nikon Speed booster, which is a dumb SB adapter. I just like having that iris ring.
    Last edited by Timothy Cook; 03-24-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bino View Post
    You can't. that's the only downfall. You will have to test it out on your own. I know that I can record 3.5 hours until it turns off.

Is this battery not able to handle the 12v load of both the camera and monitor?

so...what's the timeline/sequence of the battery dying? Right now - I have it hooked up to both the VA and BMMCC and it will shut off (green light out) in 30 sec or so. my voltmeter shows 12+ volts at all times. it's holding fine right now with just the BMMCC recording 60fps Pro-Res HQ.

whelp, spoke too soon - battery blinked off after about 4min with just the BMMCC being powered while recording.

I'll charge it up fully tomorrow when I get back to NYC (in Boston at the moment) and double check the times.

Quote Originally Posted by tmronin View Post
    my voltmeter shows 12+ volts at all times.
    Even discharged battery without load will always show you 12V. So you need to measure voltage when the battery is under the load.

I hate it when threads go completely off topic - am I alone in this?

Yes I agree, let's get back to the Micro LANC/Power adapter. Got mine last week, looks great, fits in the camera with the Wooden Camera Micro cage, which I was worried might cause issues, but alas, not! It works well with the camera handheld setup, where I do not need the remote connected.

I am thinking of adding the BM Micro handle next month which can use the LANC connection for stsrt/stop and auto "push to focus" function when I am using the Panny/Leica lenses. Nice feature, the Pocket camera had, but the Micro does not have unless you add. LANC controller with this feature, like the BM grip.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 03-27-2017 at 09:25 PM.