Thread: BMD CinemaDNG player with LUT capabilities

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 BMD CinemaDNG player with LUT capabilities 
    Is there a CinemaDNG (Raw) player that can display raw footage for reviewing only and can run on any [underpower] laptop? It will be also nice if such a player will take LUTS too. No editing/coloring,,, just viewing. This will be great for reviewing footage being backed-up while on location.

EDIT: I found this... not sure if it will work with 4K/4.6K Raw and Compressed Raw. http://www.fastrawviewer.com/cameras...ema-dng-viewer
    Last edited by EYu; 01-17-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Is there a CinemaDNG (Raw) player that can display raw footage for reviewing only and can run on any [underpower] laptop? It will be also nice if such a player will take LUTS too. No editing/coloring,,, just viewing. This will be great for reviewing footage being backed-up while on location.

EDIT: I found this... not sure if it will work with 4K/4.6K Raw and Compressed Raw. http://www.fastrawviewer.com/cameras...ema-dng-viewer
    Have you tried this yet? I'm looking for a similar app too I just need to make selects ASAP and early on in the stage so i can reduce load times of the overall project.

It does list the URSA cameras, but it doesn't mention compressed RAW - that might be a no-go.

Gonna give this a go later today.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    It does list the URSA cameras, but it doesn't mention compressed RAW - that might be a no-go.

Gonna give this a go later today.
    Ohh yes Compressed Raw is what I'm looking for primarily haha Raw 3:1 let us know when you find out Stewart!

Yeah, that's a no go for me too. I wonder if there are other players out there besides this?

No luck on the compressed RAW.

But then again, really nothing but Resolve opens BMD compressed RAW.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,

Maybe BMD can come about with a Resolve Player only that can run on a regular laptop for the DIT in the field.

Maybe BMD can come about with a Resolve Player only that can run on a regular laptop for the DIT in the field.
    Honestly wish they could I need a faster workflow

I used the following product to open up RAW on a laptop that couldn't run Resolve back in the day (2013), and could even lightly grade it (saturation, brightness, color temperature, sharpness, tint, etc.)

http://pomfort.com/cliphouse/

Unfortunately, it's been discontinued, but it was a nice little piece of software.

Not sure if it would work for any kind of compressed RAW and if it's even still accessible, but worth trying out if possible.

Yeah. +1

A simple RAW Player would be really helpful. No features needed except maybe a 'film log detection' that would apply their basic Rec.709 lut.

LUTs would be nice of course, but then it's going to turn into a whole multi-step program and at that point there's no difference from just opening it in Resolve.

I keep a "Previews" project template in Resolve for quickly pulling up RAW files to check and verify all the basics. It's moderately quick, but a simple viewer would certainly be appreciated.