Thread: Dragged my 4.6K around Lisbon

1. #1 Dragged my 4.6K around Lisbon 
    All this shot in Prores LT at 4K on the old 1.3 firmware. Did it as a sort of test of how useful the camera is for just slinging in a backpack and running around. Short answer, it's fantastic. Though obviously I would have liked 444 or raw for grading.

https://youtu.be/Cf6c8eZNJwg

WOW. Some of my favorite footage that I've seen come out of this camera. Well done! What Lenses?

High praise indeed. Thank you!

Shot more than half on the Canon 24 1.4L II, the rest a mix of Tokina 11-16 and Sigma 50mm Art.

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    All this shot in Prores LT at 4K on the old 1.3 firmware. Did it as a sort of test of how useful the camera is for just slinging in a backpack and running around. Short answer, it's fantastic. Though obviously I would have liked 444 or raw for grading.

https://youtu.be/Cf6c8eZNJwg
    Hey! I'm from Lisbon. Are you still in town? great footage

Quote Originally Posted by david evans View Post
    Hey! I'm from Lisbon. Are you still in town? great footage
    Thanks!

Unfortunately not, but I'll probably visit again this year some time. How's the film/video scene out there by the way?
    James Iain Barber
    Editor, writer, director, shooter, yadda yadda.

Very nice footage! Those are nice lenses too. I notice very slight tilt shift in the architectural shots.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Very nice footage! Those are nice lenses too. I notice very slight tilt shift in the architectural shots.
    Hmm, that's interesting. I've used tilt-shift lenses specifically for architecture before, but didn't have any on this trip. And I didn't do any post-shifting either. It could either be a warp-stabiliser artifact creeping in, or just me shooting architecture in a way that seems tilt-shifty. What specific shots jumped out at you?
    James Iain Barber

Thanks!

Unfortunately not, but I'll probably visit again this year some time. How's the film/video scene out there by the way?
    Video business is not bad. But there is no real film industry which forces one to accumulate knowledge in different areas in order to be able to actually shoot something. I come from the DSLR world, so all of this BMD scene is very new but incredibly exciting to me. Ursa Mini 4.6k is by far, the best camera I've ever shot with. Really night and day.

Hmm, that's interesting. I've used tilt-shift lenses specifically for architecture before, but didn't have any on this trip. And I didn't do any post-shifting either. It could either be a warp-stabiliser artifact creeping in, or just me shooting architecture in a way that seems tilt-shifty. What specific shots jumped out at you?
    So a few but very minor ones. Of course the Intro shot had the most noticeable shift but I thought of it more of a stylistic composition so ruled it out. The ones that jumped on me are in 0:07, 0:16 - both on the left side of the image (buildings) and right side (people on the sidewalk), and 0:30. I wouldn't even sweat on it... but since we here see image composition different from 99.9% of the world, I thought you'd be interested in knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    So a few but very minor ones. Of course the Intro shot had the most noticeable shift but I thought of it more of a stylistic composition so ruled it out. The ones that jumped on me are in 0:07, 0:16 - both on the left side of the image (buildings) and right side (people on the sidewalk), and 0:30. I wouldn't even sweat on it... but since we here see image composition different from 99.9% of the world, I thought you'd be interested in knowing.
    All I can think of is that it's something about the composition that makes it look like it has perspective shift... Those are all 24mm or 11-16mm with no perspective shift in post, and no fake tilt focus effects (those sorts of things I normally only put in when clients want them. My own stuff I try to keep as clean as possible).
    James Iain Barber