Hey guys! New here I've been lurking the forums since I've ventured into Blackmagic cameras.
I just bought the Micro Cinema Camera a month ago. I'm fairly new to video but I'm coming from a photo background. I'm learning how to expose my videos using a histogram versus using my eyes and I had a few questions.
- I've set Monitoring to be Rec 709 (Monitor is outputing rec709)
- But I'm Recording Straight to camera using Log
- I'm currently using the histogram in camera NOT from VA
- Is it better to use the histogram in camera or in the VA.
- If I'm using the in camera histogram is it reading from the cameras dynamic range setting or the monitors dynamic range setting?
- Should I be monitoring my histogram on log or rec709?
- What does an ideal histogram look like if I'm shooting for raw 3:1 (for post (using log)?