Thread: Alternative for Neat Video as plug-in for (free version of) Resolve?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In actuality, their NLE plugins are actually what's priced wrong. I know no one here wants to hear it but when you think about what NV is doing is incredible for the price. It's taking often poorly shot video and making it useable. How much would you have had to pay for lighting or a better camera? Probably far more than the $250 price of NV. Since I cut in Avid and FCPX as well as grade in Resolve I have a lot invested in NV and don't regret it for a second.

Remember, at the end of the day this is a business. We can't expect prices to be dirt cheap and then turn around and charge premium prices for our services. We have to be realistic about these things. Ben, I would say approach them about a group buy. They may have done one on Reduser a while back. That at least seems like a fair way to approach it. Maybe they get a nice bump in sales and you get a bit of a deal. Everyone wins there.

i can confirm they did a group buy with RedUser a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by stevesherrick View Post
    In actuality, their NLE plugins are actually what's priced wrong. I know no one here wants to hear it but when you think about what NV is doing is incredible for the price.
    Good point. I agree we should support/reward good solutions, especially from smaller developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Good point. I agree we should support/reward good solutions, especially from smaller developers.
    At least for those who make money from production, that might also include buying Resolve to support product development, and not selling extra dongles.

Unless, of course, everyone wants their priorities set by Creative Cloud, and its monthly tithes....
    Last edited by jrd; 01-01-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesherrick View Post
    In actuality, their NLE plugins are actually what's priced wrong. I know no one here wants to hear it but when you think about what NV is doing is incredible for the price. It's taking often poorly shot video and making it useable. How much would you have had to pay for lighting or a better camera? Probably far more than the $250 price of NV. Since I cut in Avid and FCPX as well as grade in Resolve I have a lot invested in NV and don't regret it for a second.
    I agree, and I love what NV is cable of achieving, per my recommendation. I was just curious why the OFX plug-in was more than double any other configuration. Is it that the programing is more intensive, or that people who need the OFX are traditionally in the "professional" side of the industry and are being charged accordingly?

I have no comment on having to pay for every upgrade... I can understand it, but it's rarer, no impossible, to find programs that do this in this day and age.

Still it's worth the price IMO