Thread: Showing the curve representation of lift/gamma/gain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dermot shane View Post
    Where the Baselight Ui has the advantage is that one does not need to stop work ona shot, save the grade and apply a grade over a ramp to see the curves on a scope.. the curves window in the center of the Baselight UI shows the resualts of the grade, identical to putting the grade over a ramp, but without haveing to stop work to put the grade over a ramp...

I find that piece of the Baselight UI very usefull, there is no functional eqlivent in Resolve, only a timewasteing work around detailed above several times...

the actual working curves menu in Baselight is under the tabs just right of the wheels, the UI is a graphic display of the changes in the grade only

Resolve has far better edit, audio and conform tools, but the color tools are pretty rough when compared to the shear elegance and depth of tools on offer in Baselight or Nucoda in 2016
    You are of course correct, however the majority of people who are here would not be in the market for Baselight due to price point and to a certain extent learning curve. Also some are very much node biased, whereas Baselight uses layers. I always liked the idea of Baselight Editions, in my case Avid, but have never been able to justify it as I already own a full Resolve license. But it's very powerful in its own right. If I was a full time colorist I could see going the Baselight route as it is really amazing in terms of color.

DCTL ramp

Code:
    __DEVICE__ float3 transform(int p_Width, int p_Height, int p_X, int p_Y, float p_R, float p_G, float p_B)
    {
        const float X = p_X;

const float r = (X)/(p_Width - 1.0f);
        const float g = (X)/(p_Width - 1.0f);
        const float b = (X)/(p_Width - 1.0f);

return make_float3(r, g, b);
    }
    Save as simple text file with .dctl extension and place in same folder as other LUTs.

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    YES!
    This helps A LOT, mate.

I've never used a Curve adjuster before with the ability to lock down dropper-selected points. That makes a HUGE difference. Resolve kills it AGAIN.

Great tutorial for sure.
    Yeah being able to select on the image and have it represented on the curves line is pretty sweet.
    For the longest time I was white balancing my RAW images this way, until I found out Resolve has a RGB selector . I would find the white in the image or grayish and select it with the picker, and on the line if the three dots (Red, Green, Blue) lined up I knew I was balanced. If one was higher or lower then I knew what I had to do.