Thread: Buying C Stands directly from china. - anyone has experience?

1. #1 Buying C Stands directly from china. - anyone has experience? 
    Hey peepz

I have been searching for affordable C Stands for ages and basically already decided to just buy Avenger ones for 250 each. BUT now I found an offer on Alibaba which seem to be the ones that build the KUPO C Stands. I have never ever bought something from alibaba no idea how it works:

https://german.alibaba.com/product-d...34025.html?s=p Would anyone think this would be a good idea? If so, anyone interested in buying as a group buy? Please give me guidance

Cheers and happy holidays Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Rotbart View Post
    Hey peepz

I have been searching for affordable C Stands for ages and basically already decided to just buy Avenger ones for 250 each. BUT now I found an offer on Alibaba which seem to be the ones that build the KUPO C Stands. I have never ever bought something from alibaba no idea how it works:

https://german.alibaba.com/product-d...34025.html?s=p Would anyone think this would be a good idea? If so, anyone interested in buying as a group buy? Please give me guidance

Cheers and happy holidays Tim
    Is there no chance of finding them used where you are located?

If there is one piece of gear that makes sense to buy used...Steel grip gear. It's indestructible and is a pain to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by _OZ View Post
    Is there no chance of finding them used where you are located?

If there is one piece of gear that makes sense to buy used...Steel grip gear. It's indestructible and is a pain to ship.
    I have been on local craigslist, personally visited rental house etc etc for a year now. So far two c Stands appeared in 12months. I swear!

Tried it, bought some off ebay in 2013. Now I had them for a short period and didn't really get to use them day in day out but to my knowledge they were well made and probably made the same as most c stands

Quote Originally Posted by pringleman View Post
    Tried it, bought some off ebay in 2013. Now I had them for a short period and didn't really get to use them day in day out but to my knowledge they were well made and probably made the same as most c stands
    Which ones did You buy exactly? Do you still remember?

I've had perfectly fine results with Alibaba.

I'd buy that C-Stand. And yes, it appears to be the Kupo make. Great stuff.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...and&_sacat=625

i don't see them any more, but they cost 210 exactly, there are c-stands up there for a little more now days.

Thanks!
    I contacted the supplier and it 97USD for the Stand with an additional 100USD for shipping per stand. Which is not a good deal anymore especially when adding import tax etc
    Sad!

With something like a C Stand, the only difference between them is useually the quality of the castings for the brackets and heads, and how smoothly the threads work. The design is very basic, and most use the same old Century design. I have used Century's originals, Avenger, and some no-name branded ones, both did the job.
    The Century Stands were a little heavier, if I remember correctly, otherwise pretty much the same.
    Cheers