Thread: Optar Illumina S16 16mm Test

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    If someone interested, this lens is for sale now because i find that 12mm fits better for my workflow. The lens is slightly de-centered but pretty usable in real life. For perfect results needs to be repaired somehow.
    P.M me if you interested. Ask $500 for lens + $100 for HAWK'S FACTORY ARRI B to M4/3 adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    it can't be adapter. i measure it from all sides with precise tools and it is perfectly uniform. The lens sits in the adapter without any shifts. Also when i flip the lens to 180 degree in the adapter the mismatched focus effect also flips to another side.
    Some PL-Mount adaptors may have a sharp front inner corner where the flange meets the shoulder. On the ARRI B-Mount on the lens, there may be a fillet radius in that matching corner which the sharp corner of the adaptor will ride high on. If there is some clearance between the B-Mount shoulder and the PL-Mount adaptor, then it is likely the adaptor may hang high on one side of the fillet radius which will de-centre the optical axis of the lens and yield a soft edge on one side of the image. Abnormal wear of a fillet radius may also throw it off. The key clearance slot in the PL-Mount to ARRI B adaptor will also allow its side of the flange face to fit slightly closer and de-centre the lens if the mount is hanging on a fillet radius. It is no big deal to dress out a very small clearance chamfer from the sharp inner corner of the PL-Mount adaptor. This will then permit full face contact across the inner flange. Best though to get a lens tech to do it for you. Hard particles getting onto the rear element and then scratching it next cleaning time are not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    If someone interested, this lens is for sale now because i find that 12mm fits better for my workflow. The lens is slightly de-centered but pretty usable in real life. For perfect results needs to be repaired somehow.
    P.M me if you interested. Ask $500 for lens + $100 for HAWK'S FACTORY ARRI B to M4/3 adapter.
    I could be interested could you email me ?
    jeanpenninck@gmail.com
    thx

Few more test images of this lens in other thread http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?20...-S16-16mm-Test

Any updates on this?

JK

Quote Originally Posted by voxndot View Post
    Any updates on this?
    If someone interested it is still on sale. I use this lens time to time. The image is really nice.

Bokeh test T1.2 and T2.8. Tungsten lighting.