Thread: BiWin's CFast card offers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thx in advance, looking forward for the tests. I'm curious to know it's doable with a single card

Quote Originally Posted by TravisA View Post
    I actually went on a hiking trip this past weekend and shot exclusively in 4:1 at 60fps.

I shot on 2xBiWin 256gb cards, as well as 2xSuper Talent 128gb cards, in dual card mode with both sets. AFAIK, I didn't get a single dropped frame. Gonna be doing a more detailed look into the footage next week after I get more RAM.

BMCuser Sponsor
    If you can get the new higher speed cards certified by Arri for the Alexa mini I'll definitely buy some.

Hello again Arturo, I was talking about the writing speed when using a single card, but as Travis correctly pointed out, it certainly is possible to achieve your desired resolution and many many more when using two cards together. 60fps uncompressed RAW is possible with 2x256GB cards.

BiWin are currently developing faster 256GB cards and 512GB cards, but this needs more time. I will let you all know when these are released.

Thanks
    Lee Miller
    Sales Manager
    BiWin Storage Technology Limited - www.biwin.co.uk [lee@biwin.co.uk]
    - CFast 2.0 cards and CF/SD/SDXC/SDHC carry cases.
    - www.facebook.com/biwinuk

I understand, but I'm still curious to see if it's possible to record 4:1 4.6k 60fps raw in a single card

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Miller View Post
    Hello again Arturo, I was talking about the writing speed when using a single card, but as Travis correctly pointed out, it certainly is possible to achieve your desired resolution and many many more when using two cards together. 60fps uncompressed RAW is possible with 2x256GB cards.

BiWin are currently developing faster 256GB cards and 512GB cards, but this needs more time. I will let you all know when these are released.

Thanks

Actually, I have some figures for 3:1 compression, which requires more bandwidth than 4:1.
    These show which fps are supported for each resolution. I don't have any 4:1 figures at the moment, but BiWin are working on some more tests. Hopefully I can provide more information in the future.

RAW 3:1
    24,25,30,40 fps 3:1 at 4.6K full
    24,25,30,40,60 fps 3:1 at 4.6K 2.4:1
    24,25,30,40,60 fps 3:1 at 4K16:9
    24,25,30,40,60 fps 3:1 at UHD
    24,25,30,40,60 fps 3:1 at 3K anamorphic
    24,25,30,60,120 fps 3:1 at 2K 16:9
    24,25,30,60,120 fps 3:1 at HD 16:9

I hope this helps. Please remember that these figures are for 3:1, so these fps and even more would definitely work at 4:1 with a single card.
    Lee Miller
    Sales Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Miller View Post

Thanks
    I be happy to beta test those new faster Biwin cards for you. Since you live locally you can witness it yourself.

That is a good idea, don't worry, I won't forget. I sent my teammate a message today about it, just waiting for her to reply to me. I'll let you know what she says. It would be nice to meet you anyway, I remember where you live from when you ordered a while ago, it's not too far from my place.
    Lee Miller
    Sales Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Sánchez View Post
    I understand, but I'm still curious to see if it's possible to record 4:1 4.6k 60fps raw in a single card
    I was able to record a full 256gb card in 4:1 RAW at 60fps with no dropped frames, but I had a dropped frame in less than a minute at 3:1.

Ah, that's the info Arturo was looking for, I think. Cheers Travis.
    Arturo, if you'd like to order a card for yourself, you can try this out. It looks like it will work. If for some reason it doesn't work, I can accept a return and give you a refund. Just want to give you some reassurance. Please let me know what you think.
    Lee Miller
    Sales Manager

Thanks Travis and Lee!
    I just purchased it!